Options

Recent Engagement Session at Sunset at the Dunes

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited August 4, 2010 in Weddings
I've known the bride for a while so when she asked me to do her wedding and engagement photos I was very excited to shoot them! I brought Kristin along with me to shoot (kpage, fairly knew to dgrin, you can see the photos she took at the engagement session here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=144776)

Enough babble, on with the photos! Enjoy,

667067313_XHNbN-L.jpg

667068550_DunMW-L.jpg

667072402_KEuyu-L.jpg

667061845_7Pvh7-L.jpg

667064421_CXyhF-L.jpg

667062413_T6rKu-L.jpg

667071359_Th6q7-L.jpg

667068015_YPN5J-L.jpg

667064922_hnrhs-L.jpg

667067100_ebias-L.jpg

More of my favorites are here:
http://photos.cathoffman.com/Weddings/Engagement-Portfolio/2009-09-13-Nicole-James/9066706_4KGuQ

Comments

• Options
    kpagekpage Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    I love number 7, and of course the ring shot :)
    Just a girl playing with a camera trying to learn as much as she can.
    www.kp-photos.com : facebook.com/kpphotos
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2009
    Ooohhhh these are so lovely Cat! Great use of fill in the sunset shots!

#8 just hops of the page. Totally classic and totally lovely. If it were me, I would straighten the horizon and make it perfect. It is so stunning! Looks like it could be a vacation advertisement.

#4 reminds me: I had the best idea for dog usage in engagement photos that I haven't had the chance to do. You know in 101 Dalmations when Pongo and Purdy wrap up JimDear and Darling in their leashes at the beginning of the movie? Well I think that would be the cutest thing to replicate! Anyway, love your take on it, I just have been meaning to shoot that next chance I have.
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Ooohhhh these are so lovely Cat! Great use of fill in the sunset shots!

#8 just hops of the page. Totally classic and totally lovely. If it were me, I would straighten the horizon and make it perfect. It is so stunning! Looks like it could be a vacation advertisement.

#4 reminds me: I had the best idea for dog usage in engagement photos that I haven't had the chance to do. You know in 101 Dalmations when Pongo and Purdy wrap up JimDear and Darling in their leashes at the beginning of the movie? Well I think that would be the cutest thing to replicate! Anyway, love your take on it, I just have been meaning to shoot that next chance I have.

Oh we should have had the dogs wrap them up in leashes, that would have been cute and funny! Totally didn't think of it. I do have a ton of variety shots with them and their dogs though as it was a photo request. Maybe next time I get a couple with dogs for their e-session we will try that tangled up shot :)
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    I really like the composition and tone on #4.