Bi-Weekly Discussion Thread: Mini-Rants

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited August 4, 2010 in Weddings
I'm sure you every once in a while we all get this client that needs a bit more attention or things just don't happen the way they were supposed to (/ the way you planned them anyway).

Mini-Rants! Let's hear it! :lynnma :rofl

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    Control freaks are scary. Kinda makes me feel bad for the spouse.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2010
    Control freaks are scary. Kinda makes me feel bad for the spouse.

We wanna hear stories, (.... / no names! :D)
    edited July 30, 2010
    edited for stuff.

Scurry.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited July 31, 2010
    Haha. I had one of those photo incidents too not too long ago. I was taking prep photos of the bride getting ready / bride looking into the mirror while she was having her hair & make-up taken. ..... As soon as I took the mirror shot, the make-up person says to the bride, "why don't you look at the photo your photographer just took? Then you can see how it will look on the photos??" I was like ... yiiiiiiikes. (It was a more artsy photos / so were the last couple of photos I took, so I knew it was bad news). There was no way out, I had to show the bride the photo I just took, and she was like ... yuck, I HATE that photo, that looks horrible. Uhm ... yeah ... thankssssss stupod h&m artist. :bluduh :boid Anyway ... she ended up LOVING the photos, but it was just a really bad moment. rolleyes1.gif

Rant 1:
    I had a gorgeous looking bridesmaid in one of my last weddings. She was throwing a fit / making a stupid photo in EVERY SINGLE photo!!!

Rant 2:
    I ran into one of my ex-couples (from wayyyy) at one of my weddings .... one that *I* sure did not connect with. So, I was just zooming around at the cocktail hour, when I spotted them staring at me ...

Rant 3:
    I have stupid spots on my sensor and still 1000 photos to go trough :bash

Rant 4:
    My second shooter took a freaking AMAZING shot (hi Corey wave.gif) of the bride .... while I took the same shot, but it didn't come out nearly as awesome headscratch.gif. Not fair :cry

Rant 5:
    I got something extra prints for 2 couples (I shot their eng pics). Now they want me to ship them. I thought I'd just bring it in the day of (it's for the signing boards) ... 'caus you know ... I am doing this for FREE. But now they "insist on me sending it" and I am getting a litttttle bit irritated 'caus 1) I have no hard paper envelopes handy, and 2) I have absolutely no time now to get any either. SO much for being NICE!

Rant 6:
    I posted some wedding pics on FB. And one of the bridesmaids sent me a REALLY nice message, telling me how much she loved the photos + how she recommended me to 500 people already. Aaaaanyway. It was a really nice message, so I figured I'd send her some pics of her. 5 minutes later I get an email, telling me that her her looked too light. Lady (you are really nice, BUT), you did die it platinum white, what should I do about that?? ne_nau.gif

What do we get out of the last 2 rants? > Don't EVER be nice to other people!! rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 31, 2010
    Re: rant#2. Did you give them the peace/victory pose? You know like ... (^_^)v or the Asian FOB pose? Course you aren't Asian.....

as for your last rant, Photoshop electric blue over the platinum white. Easy peasy! rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited July 31, 2010
    Re: rant#2. Did you give them the peace/victory pose? You know like ... (^_^)v

Just about rolleyes1.gif I totally forgot about them coming too. When I met this couple for the interview I was showing them some of my albums. And while I was doing this. The groom (who usually doesn't pay any attention what so ever). Bursts out. I KNOW THIS GUY! (the other groom) I was like ... uhm ... awesome .... here goes my wedding, see ya ... haha. But all went well :D
    edited July 31, 2010
    Yiiiiiikes. I am just touching up this wedding at this moment (#2). And *just* found them STARING AT ME (in one of the pics) / standing on the side of the dance floor. SPOOOOKEY! :oogle rolleyes1.gif
  • rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Rant 4:
    My second shooter took a freaking AMAZING shot (hi Corey wave.gif) of the bride .... while I took the same shot, but it didn't come out nearly as awesome headscratch.gif. Not fair :cry

rolleyes1.gif
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Or how about the one from today with the REALLY drunk bride that decides to do a sexy crawl on her belly across the hotel parking lot towards my second shooter... stopping traffic. The driver of the front car pokes his head out of the car and yells "You can keep doing THAT aallll night, baby!"

I laugh.
    edited August 1, 2010
    Or how about the one from today with the REALLY drunk bride that decides to do a sexy crawl on her belly across the hotel parking lot towards my second shooter... stopping traffic. The driver of the front car pokes his head out of the car and yells "You can keep doing THAT aallll night, baby!"

I laugh.

Photos requested. rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited August 1, 2010
    ... bride that decides to do a sexy crawl on her belly across the hotel parking lot towards my second shooter...

OH MY GOSH!!! You WIN, hahahaha rolleyes1.gif Yeah ... I can't wait to see some of those photos either rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 1, 2010
    Haha... well here are my second's pics from the moment. I didn't get any myself since I was too busy stopping traffic, making sure the drivers saw her, and wondering if the hotel had insurance for drunk brides that do crazy stuff... My assistant and I decided that she reminded us of Urcela on land dragging her tenticals behind her.... hahaha.

955078686_7Vgx5-XL.jpg
    edited August 1, 2010
    thumb.gif

awesome! That better make it into the album!! rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited August 1, 2010
    rolleyes1.gif ok, my imagination was going way beyond that, hahahaha. But do tell, what time was the ceremony?? I was imagining night shots (since you said she had well over a glass. :D)

Thanks for sharing, it's fun to see those photos too every once in a while! thumb.gif
    edited August 1, 2010
    Haha, I just looked at the timestamp and those photos were taken at 9:41pm. We were enjoying one of our 3 golden hours, ha ha.
    edited August 2, 2010
    9.41pm??? Geeezzzzz ......... I forgot, you live in yummy-light-land rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif
  • digger2digger2 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    Divorced Parents
    Many years ago I had an interesting situation. Brides parents had divorced many years before as the father's business was going nowhere.
    After they split up, mother marries Mr.Average and Dads business then takes off big time. He gets the face lift, hair transplant and the new Mercedes Sl. Plus the trophy wife!
    Made for an interesting day as the bride wanted her parents only in the picture, and dad wanted his new babe in as well. The mother spent the whole afternoon just staring at the new wife.
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2010
    For years we never had any rants from our clients, but here's a recent one:

Groom: "I don't like that all the ceremony shots are from the back of the church and the balcony"

Church Rules: "Photography is permitted only from the back of the church or from the balcony. Permission needed to use the balcony"

Sorry mate!
    edited August 4, 2010
    Bi-Weekly Discussion Thread: Insturance + Taxes
    ... nothing *I* like to talk about (:poke), but let's see what you guys think. Any questions? Recommendations? Advice? cheerleader.gif
    edited August 4, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    ... nothing *I* like to talk about (:poke), but let's see what you guys think. Any questions? Recommendations? Advice? cheerleader.gif

Ohhh, yiiikes Agnieszka ... get some sleep rolleyes1.gif ... sorry that meant to be a NEW thread rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif