Options

New old camera and...

BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited August 5, 2010 in Weddings
Hey all!

First off I am so happy to say I am the new owner of a LeicaFlex 1964 model with 50mm lens. It was my grandfathers and was given to my father right before my grandfather passed away.

Along with the camera comes the task of combing through all of my father and grandfather's old photos. We are trying to vet and classify them. All will be digitally tagged and stored.

When going through these images my father and I have realized that we have a TON of images of his childhood home, family, friends, cars, girlfriends etc.

We have come to realize that he has no photos of normal sights from when he was a kid. No pictures of his street, school, local shops, county roads, old Boston etc.

The point of all this is the realization that we should all focus on capturing things that may seem normal to us today because they can tell a lot more to our children and grandchildren when they go through the same process my father and I are going through now. It would be so cool to see what the street looked like that my father grew up in or what street lights looked like.

You get the idea.

Maybe some already see the value in this, but I thought I would share while I am thinking about it.

Now off to get some film to shoot in this beautiful camera!

Comments