Options

Some firsts for me at an open air concert

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
edited August 7, 2005 in Holy Macro
Went to an open air "proms" concert in the middle of the Sussex countryside yesterday evening.
Some firsts for me- No Macros!, first shots of an aeroplane in flight and first firework shots.
Comments/critique welcome

Brian V.

Typical British eccentricity- (no that's not me)
IMG_7772c.jpg

A hot air balloon drifted past

IMG_7816c.jpg

Then to William Walton's Prelude and Fugue to "Spitfire" we had some acrobatics from one of the few genuine WW2 Spitfires still flying (flown by a lady -Caroline Grace)

IMG_7819c.jpg

IMG_7853c.jpg

IMG_7854c.jpg

and at the end to the sound of the "Pomp and Circumstance march" some fireworks

IMG_7893c.jpg

IMG_7901c.jpg

IMG_7903c.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    Fun shots. Great lighting on the "spitfire shots". I'd possibly like to see just a little boost of contrast in the first "spitfire" shot. Love the fireworks shots and the last one is really amazingthumb.gif

Good stuff!
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    I say pop the cork on that 1st shot fill glasses and let's have a drink to your 1st, cause you done well thumb.gif
    Really like the spitfire shots and fireworks.
    It's good to stretch isn't it :lol :D
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    Fun shots. Great lighting on the "spitfire shots". I'd possibly like to see just a little boost of contrast in the first "spitfire" shot. Love the fireworks shots and the last one is really amazingthumb.gif
    Good stuff!
    Thanks wholenewlight for the comments- will look at that first Spitfire shot. Was just lucky with the fireworks rolleyes1.gif .
    bfjr wrote:
    I say pop the cork on that 1st shot fill glasses and let's have a drink to your 1st, cause you done well thumb.gif
    Really like the spitfire shots and fireworks.
    It's good to stretch isn't it :lol :D
    Thanks bfjr. Really enjoyed trying to get shots of the plane, panning, focusing and taking pics at the same time - interesting experience- might try autofocus next time. Enjoyed the result of the fireworks shots, but a bit boring taking them- sit back in chair and press remote evey now and then and hope camera is pointing in right place- mind you think that was all hic I was capable of by then rolleyes1.gif .

Brian V.