Options

So... what's new? (post your recent fav)

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited August 7, 2010 in Weddings
It is summer time and wedding season, so if you are like me.... you are super busy shooting and editing. There isn't a whole lot of time to do fun things like take time to post an entire thread for our fellow grinners.

So I propose we each share 2 or 3 recent fav photos to keep us all inspired and current.

I still have a lot of summer and weddings left to shoot, so inspire me!

So, I'll start... you finish!

953365264_d24Pr-L.jpg

953383084_cfgRQ-L.jpg

(Ok, now your turn!) :lust

Oh, and C & C always welcomed on the photos. This isn't a contest... this is inspiration.

Comments

• Options
    ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Heather, I LOVE the photo of her bride in the truck! I would never have thought to use an old vehicle like that! And, BTW, thank you for the list on another thread about what you bring with you. Some of those things I'd never thought of, such as the mattress pad for the bride to sit on. Genius!
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Good idea heather! Good placement of the girls without tattoosthumb.gif

Heres one from the Cape a couple weeks ago shooting with Agnieska(I'll have to post some more from that wedding) we had a blast with this couple!
    960389976_L6DTp-L-1.jpg

This one is in Georgia at Berry college.
    960390163_ydpoE-L-2.jpg

and an engagement shot here in Maine.
    958451076_ZzpCp-L-2.jpg
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    CJ, question on the last shot.
    Did you light them up with a flash? I love the blue sky and well exposed subjects.

Only thing i'd do, is to flip it horizontally. That way, on the left there will be thunder, and clouds, and on the right, since they are together only the clear sky.. Just a symbolism thing, I suppose.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    One of my favs from their engagement...
    945101423_cKFbm-M.jpg

And from their wedding...
    959574076_iYB6C-M.jpg

Thought the groom looked rather dapper here...
    959574018_CJDM5-L.jpg
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Love the lighting and the contrasting colors on the truck shot Heather! Did you use an umbrella? I think I see it in the convex mirror on the side-view.

cj the shot at the college really draws me in, I dig it clap.gif
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Love that first shot, Heather!
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2010
    cj99si wrote: »

Heres one from the Cape a couple weeks ago shooting with Agnieska(I'll have to post some more from that wedding) we had a blast with this couple!

Corey... your OCF work is amazing! LOVE #1! I would love to see more of your work.
    So jealous about shooting with Angie.... Beautiful stuff you got there.

Bike 21- yep! A single shoot through brolly. I love soft light, and portable soft light is even better! Love your second shot, though would probably have converted it to b & w.

Scooters- The truck was just sitting there... all gorgeous and rusty and blue. I had to piggy back the bride across a big patch of mud to get to it, but it was worth it!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Well, sneaky feather, you know how I feel about the car shot, I am in love with it and totally envy you for having that one in your portfolio! iloveyou.gif

... and Corey, that veil shot is to die for (!!!) + I am totally in love with that College shot (love their expressions, love the wide angle crop, love the sky, love the background, love their "pose"), it's an awesome shot all around! iloveyou.gif

Alrighty, mine suck looking at all the photos that have been already posted, but here we go:

1) Shot that bride with Corey, same pose, just a different angle
    955241620_PALZG-L.jpg

2) I don't know ... just really like that one, not that it's anything too special / maybe it's just because I had to realize that I won't have any more beach weddings anymore in the near future :
    949172789_MsM5U-L.jpg

3) One form a fancy wedding at a fancy mansion:
    922444609_8vgZx-L.jpg

4) A dancing shot from a while back. It was a 2 story room, so I had a chance to shoot from the balcony (and yup, I fixed the thingy that is on the floor / right above her head in the final version)
    911777579_PiD2G-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2010
    And Angie you know I love your shot with the veil.... bbbeautiful! (And that is enough about sucking, cause from where I am sitting it isn't true...You got skills, girl.)
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    Angie, the first one is inspiring to say the least. If I were saying the most, I'd go with Dayyyyyuuummmmmmm! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2010
    Angie, the first one is inspiring to say the least. If I were saying the most, I'd go with Dayyyyyuuummmmmmm! thumb.gif

Naaaaaah, Corey got me with his one rolleyes1.gif (C, I'm still bitter about it :bluduh, hehe :giggle Definitely learned something from you that day tough. There is nothing better that seeing what other photographers do with the same subject thumb.gif)
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    Last weekend's wedding:
    955578631_ihNiF-O.jpg

Two off-camera flashes, at 1/2 power, off to my right. LOTS of burning and dodging, in fact I tripple-processed for the sky, skin, and sand, and then merged with layer masking...

:-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2010

Two off-camera flashes, at 1/2 power, off to my right. LOTS of burning and dodging, in fact I tripple-processed for the sky, skin, and sand, and then merged with layer masking...

:-)

=Matt=

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! + nice masking job clap.gif
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    Foques- Thanks yes, all have fill flash.

The first was an onboard 580 un defused.

The second was a 580 through umbrella camera slightly left.

The 3rd was also a 580 through umbrella camera left.

Similar to this(the brides brother was stoked to help as a human tripod)
    961442632_UNsCG-L.jpg

I think I see what your saying about flipping it but I wouldnt want to flip a photo with people in it.

Thanks bike21!

Heather, Thanks for the comments! Angie should definitely be on your short list of people to meet and shoot with!

Agnieszka! Those photos rock! You've got to post your under vail kiss shot! #2 is my favorite here, love the blowing grass and how natural they look!

Matt, I definitely dig that sky!