CLDownload - The Windows, command line, batch, download utility for SmugMug users

DsweetDsweet Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited September 24, 2015 in SmugMug API Support & Integrations
CLDownload - "The Windows, command line, batch, download utility for SmugMug users." is now available.

If you would rather work with a GUI instead of a command line, check out WinDownload.

Here is an example of how CLDownload works: The following command line will download all publically available "(S)mall" images and videos for mynickname and create sub-folders, under the existing folder "C:\MySmugmugPictures", for each of mynickname's galleries.

C:\Program Files\CLDownload>makealbumlist.exe nickname=mynickname|cldownload.exe size=S/createfolders=1/rootfolder=c:\MySmugmugPictures

Many more options...go check it out.

Comments

• SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Awesome! It's about time there's some command line stuff out there for windows. I'll have to check it out when I get a chance.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • DsweetDsweet Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2010
    Appreciate any feedback
    In June there were 50 downloads, yet no feedback?
    Let me know how it is going.
    edited July 2, 2010
    I haven't played with it since it requires an install. Is it not just a single exe?
    edited July 6, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    I haven't played with it since it requires an install. Is it not just a single exe?

The install will make sure that you have the correct version of the .net framework installed.
    It is a very simple install that places a couple of exes, a couple of dlls, and a test/sample cmd file in a folder you specify. The install only takes 116 kb.
    It also provides for a simple "uninstall" through "Add and Remove Programs" on the Control Panel.
    edited July 7, 2010
    Hmm...I'll try it on one of the thin clients next week if I get a chance. This week is already slammed. :(
    edited August 2, 2010
    75 downloads for July
    Dsweet wrote: »
    In June there were 50 downloads, yet no feedback?
    Let me know how it is going.

75 additional downloads in July.
  • madchemistmadchemist Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 8, 2010
    CLDownload worked GREAT!!!!
    75 additional downloads in July.

I just got done SUCCESSFULLY downloading a bunch of pix from a friends Smugmug album using CLDownload.

I don't mean to disparage the other download programs, but I couldn't get them to work with the non-trivial amount of time I spent trying. Probably could have eventually gotten there given enough time.

Bottom line is that CLDownload simply worked seamlessly the first time. Yes, the command line prompt interface is a bit arcane. But sometimes keeping it simple and basic is the best thing.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am...after spending hours with the other approaches. When I saw CLDownload beginning to download the pix from my friends Smugmug page, I threw my arms up in victory and got that strange look from my wife.

Congrats on your downloader and many thanks. I can now get on with my life!!!!!
    edited August 11, 2010
    Thanks
    madchemist wrote: »
    I just got done SUCCESSFULLY downloading a bunch of pix from a friends Smugmug album using CLDownload.

I don't mean to disparage the other download programs, but I couldn't get them to work with the non-trivial amount of time I spent trying. Probably could have eventually gotten there given enough time.

Bottom line is that CLDownload simply worked seamlessly the first time. Yes, the command line prompt interface is a bit arcane. But sometimes keeping it simple and basic is the best thing.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am...after spending hours with the other approaches. When I saw CLDownload beginning to download the pix from my friends Smugmug page, I threw my arms up in victory and got that strange look from my wife.

Congrats on your downloader and many thanks. I can now get on with my life!!!!!

Thank you for the kind words.
    Apparently, to most users, "arcane" is the right word to describe command line processing.
    ar·cane

–adjective
    known or understood by very few; mysterious; secret; obscure; esoteric:

So, I have created a GUI front end for it. Check it out.

WinDownload - "The Windows download utility for SmugMug users." is now available.

I think it is flexible and easy to use. I hope that others find it useful.

WindownloadExample.jpg
    edited August 20, 2010
    Holy Cow! This looks like a great app! Is it still based on the same engine as the command line version? How does one install this app? Is it self-contained? (I'd really like to use this from portable drives.)
    edited August 20, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    Holy Cow! This looks like a great app! Is it still based on the same engine as the command line version? How does one install this app? Is it self-contained? (I'd really like to use this from portable drives.)

http://cldownload.50webs.com/WinInstallation.html, download the zip file, install it. It needs .net framework 3.51, and the installation will make sure that it is installed on your pc.
    edited August 25, 2010
    Thank you for the link! I'll test it when I get a chance. :)
  • fcaerofcaero Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    hi i'm looking for a cmd line app that allow me to upload can you add this feature ?
    something like

smugup c:\pics\pic1.jpg /user /pass /album

thanks

CLDownload - "The Windows, command line, batch, download utility for SmugMug users." is now available.

If you would rather work with a GUI instead of a command line, check out WinDownload.

Here is an example of how CLDownload works: The following command line will download all publically available "(S)mall" images and videos for mynickname and create sub-folders, under the existing folder "C:\MySmugmugPictures", for each of mynickname's galleries.

C:\Program Files\CLDownload>makealbumlist.exe nickname=mynickname|cldownload.exe size=S/createfolders=1/rootfolder=c:\MySmugmugPictures

Many more options...go check it out.
    edited September 7, 2010
    fcaero wrote: »
    hi i'm looking for a cmd line app that allow me to upload can you add this feature ?
    something like

smugup c:\pics\pic1.jpg /user /pass /album

thanks

I will think about it. Why only one file at a time? The overhead of logging in and getting the album info for each file would be slower than if a folder or a list of files were processed at one time. Is this an existing album?
    edited September 10, 2010
    I will think about it. Why only one file at a time? The overhead of logging in and getting the album info for each file would be slower than if a folder or a list of files were processed at one time. Is this an existing album?

hi there, yes the album already exist or if it can be created on fly even better..
    i wan to use this to upload a pic every time my app create a pic thats why one at each time ...
    i mean i want to put a post job on my app that will call your tool after each pic created, my app is a motion detect from live cams..
    thanks..
    edited September 10, 2010
    hi there, yes the album already exist or if it can be created on fly even better..
    i wan to use this to upload a pic every time my app create a pic thats why one at each time ...
    i mean i want to put a post job on my app that will call your tool after each pic created, my app is a motion detect from live cams..
    thanks..

What technology did you use to develop your app?
    edited September 14, 2010
    my video surveilance is comercial app that as post alarm trigger where i can call a batch file..

thanks
    What technology did you use to develop your app?
    edited October 5, 2010
    news on this, i mean i'm using a comercial app, not that i made a comercial app ;)

i just want to integrate .

Thanks
    edited October 6, 2010
    news on this, i mean i'm using a comercial app, not that i made a comercial app ;)

i just want to integrate .

Thanks

I have thought about it and have a plan. It wont take long, but I just haven't been able to break away from my other responsibilites...sorry... My schedule clears up starting next week.
  • tplumbtplumb Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited September 24, 2015
    command line CLDownload.exe missing
    Hi David,

Just downloaded the smwindownload.zip via cldownload.50webs.com

However, cldownload.exe, makealbumlist.exe, TestDownload.cmd are not in the installed folder per instructions. Only exifutils/sm_1p22/sm_batch dlls and windowload.exe[.config].

Any chance you could update the install zip to include the command line utilities?

thank you!