Options

The stop light #2

GitzoGitzo Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited August 8, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Another Image from the stop light taken with my iPhone 4. I intentionially did not crop out the bit of hood of my car and the vent reflection. B/W conversion and clipped the sky and building highlights on purpose. Post completed with google Picasa. Hope you enjoy. C & C welcome.

008.JPG

Comments

• Options
    InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    My wife likes the shot black and white conversion a lot. It reminds her of some photos that her parents took when Mao was in charge.

Anyway, I would like to ask you a question that I hope you don't mind answering too much.

Other than the post processing, which I think is very nice, what else appeals to you about the shot?
  • Options
    GitzoGitzo Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited August 8, 2010
    My wife likes the shot black and white conversion a lot. It reminds her of some photos that her parents took when Mao was in charge.

Anyway, I would like to ask you a question that I hope you don't mind answering too much.

Other than the post processing, which I think is very nice, what else appeals to you about the shot?

I took several shots this day. It was very spur of the moment and with nothing more than an iPhone 4. Here is what I said to my uncle when he commented on the shot in my google album.

" I enjoyed the idea that we all have to stop at intersections and everyone always observes the world for about 30 seconds then moves along. So why not make a raw capture of the moment. "

I was a TV photojournalist for 6 years and love "moments" more than anything in photography. This was a moment in my day captured for ever and now shared with the world. Thanks for the response InsuredDisaster :)
  • Options
    InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2010
    Gitzo wrote: »
    I took several shots this day. It was very spur of the moment and with nothing more than an iPhone 4. Here is what I said to my uncle when he commented on the shot in my google album.

" I enjoyed the idea that we all have to stop at intersections and everyone always observes the world for about 30 seconds then moves along. So why not make a raw capture of the moment. "

I was a TV photojournalist for 6 years and love "moments" more than anything in photography. This was a moment in my day captured for ever and now shared with the world. Thanks for the response InsuredDisaster :)

Good reason.

The thought going on in my head is how empty the street seems. Almost no pedestrians and just a couple of cars. Seems a bit lonely!