Options

X Games

VMacVMac Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited August 7, 2005 in Sports
I can't really recommend this event for photography (unless you have credentials). About the only thing worthwhile was the big air ramp,where a couple skaters were practicing this afternoon:

30931832-L.jpg

30924533-L.jpg

Cheers,
Vance
Canon gear
vmac.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2005
    Whoa, love the send shot!!!!!! Multiple exposure? Photoshop extract and layers? Or a team of synchronized skaters?

Cool!
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    edited August 4, 2005
    Whoa, love the send shot!!!!!! Multiple exposure? Photoshop extract and layers? Or a team of synchronized skaters?

Laughing.gif Actually, I tried using photomerge for the first time (which seems quite intuitive and easy to use), but I wasn't thinking ahead when I took the shot, and didn't keep the same background (that is, I tracked the skater a little). So I had some problems with photomerge. Accordingly, this was just a quick and dirty cut/paste.

Thanks,
    Vance
    Canon gear
    vmac.smugmug.com
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2005
    VMac wrote:
    Laughing.gif Actually, I tried using photomerge for the first time (which seems quite intuitive and easy to use), but I wasn't thinking ahead when I took the shot, and didn't keep the same background (that is, I tracked the skater a little). So I had some problems with photomerge. Accordingly, this was just a quick and dirty cut/paste.

Thanks,
    Vance
    Hey, if that is quick and dirty I'd love to see something you take your time with. That's an awsome shot. Some of us here strive to take your quick and dirty. thumb.gif
    Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited August 6, 2005
    I like the second shot. Seen a couple of these with skaters and really
    think they help understand the trick by showing it in a different way.

You might want to get rid of the extra shadow though :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 6, 2005
    ahhhh, so that's what that big contraption is. I saw it during its early stages of construction 2 weeks ago.

I can't believe your #2 shot is a simple cut and paste. It looks so real. I can't even begin to think about how you did it. Anyway, very nice. thumb.gif

Nice to see a new Los Angeleno onboard. Welcome.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Nice to see a new Los Angeleno onboard. Welcome.

Thanks Angelo... fyi, check out local LA yahoo dSLR group here:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LAdSLR/

It's good for keeping track of local events and photo opps. Has been critical for me, since I've only been here a year.

Vance
    Canon gear
    vmac.smugmug.com
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2005
    Vance
    Awesome photos #2 my favorite
    I did some shooting of some skateboard event here in Cincinnati and it was very photogenic
    Maybe smaller event here.

Thanks for the great shotsclap.gif

Fred