Options

A boy and his balloon

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited August 11, 2010 in People
A few of 4 year old Devin taking a stroll with his balloon:

964645530_nqUdu-X2.jpg

964644153_354uD-X2.jpg

964642507_wbxXi-X2.jpg

It's been a while since I've done any shooting and post so I'm a little rusty. Would love some feedback on these. Not too sure about #2.
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    wow -- great colors. Like the first one most --- something cool about the color and transparency of the balloon against the bright background.
  • Options
    kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    LOVE the colors...I think this is going to be used for the Nautica children's line ;) #3 is my fav!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Thanks guys. So you don't think the colors are too punchy? Like I said, it's been several months since I've done any shooting or post work and I tend to get a bit heavy handed when I've been out of practice for a while. I was going for a very fun vibe on these so I wanted the colors to pop. I also tried some new stuff with dodging and burning.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2010
    Here is another one from this set:

964809902_edUFT-X2.jpg

And one of Jayla, Devin's friend:

964808269_zwWgc-X2.jpg

My Smug Site
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    the compositions and energy are great..I think you can drop the exposure 1/2 stop and max out the recovery slider in the 2nd set if you haven't already done so.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2010
    I did not in 1st photo of the second set... i will give that a try to see if I can tone down the highlights a bit. The one of Jayla I did drop the exposure and used the recovery slider. Even dodged the highlight on her forehead a bit. I shot these at mid-day and she was standing right in direct sun.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Thanks guys. So you don't think the colors are too punchy?

Oh that's funny. I was looking at your images and thinking "a bit saturated for my taste, but that's just me," and then I read your post. So, yeah, I think they're a bit "punchy" but not objectionably so . . . except for me. mwink.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    I like the colors in the first set -- punchy and all. :) Doesn't always work to go a little heavy-handed with the saturation, but I think it works with these colors -- the balloon and his shorts really pop. I like it, but couldn't argue with someone who says it's a bit much.
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2010
    Different processing on #3:

966307094_j2r8P-X2.jpg

My Smug Site