Options

Egypt/Jordan/Israel

ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
edited August 16, 2010 in Journeys
Recently had a chance to travel Egypt, Jordan, and Israel for a couple of weeks. I had a wonderful time and took tons of pictures. Here's a sampling.

1. View from hotel in Cairo.
957295730_i4aFc-M.jpg

2. The sun was still too high to get a good shot with dramatic lighting. I do however like the dust and camels.
957340017_zPbfR-M.jpg

3. A bush from the same stock as the burning bush. St. Catherine's Cathedral at the base of Mt. Sinai. The sign in the corner of the shuttered window is ironically a no smoking sign.
957440959_WbgzV-M.jpg

4. Canyon trail leading to the anceint city of Petra in Jordan.
957604173_sLtxx-M.jpg

5. A child enjoying the mediterranean breeze and an ancient Roman aquaduct.
958028127_pA5nk-M.jpg

6. Me floating in the Dead Sea. An awesome experience. The water was really hot.
958369689_p8wp3-M.jpg

7. My first shot of the old city of Jerusalem. You could have your picture made with this guy for a buck.
957266261_USDju-M.jpg

8. Our bus driver singing opera. He was actually quite good.
958538599_xwKUc-M.jpg

9. A sign of the commercialization of the most sacred city in the world.
958649464_Q9sKv-M.jpg

10. The Dome of the Rock
958601083_MB7d9-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2010
    I love#2, the camels in the shot makes it for me. Maybe a slight contrast adjustment can make up for the fact that the light wasn't right.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    greatbuffalogreatbuffalo Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    # 10 is my favorite. A view you never see of that famous structure. I'd like to see photos from Petra. Was there many years ago myself. Loved it. Its a bit different there now I understand. Thanks for sharing
  • Options
    kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    #s 2 and 4 are my favorites. oh, and #8, too; he looks like he was singing with some serious gusto!
    Kristen
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,205 moderator
    edited August 11, 2010
    Petra is one of the more amazing places in the world, and as I recall, the only time I've ever ridden a horse. I do hope it hasn't been over-commercialized. Jordan was very protective of it to the point of paranoia when I was there in '79. Your pictures and stories help me remember all those places more clearly. I never did get to float in the dead sea although I did put my hand in, and it was very warm. Did you venture up to the top of Masada?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    We did venture to the top of Masada. I found photographing these types of areas very challenging because of the lack of contrast. The only "cool" shot I got of the trip to Masada was the ride in the cable car. I don't have access to it right this moment but I may post it later. The day we traveled to Petra the temp was 113 degrees.
  • Options
    asprinasprin Banned Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    the 3 pics with people are so amazing, luv them:), meaningful journey, huh? honestly, dead sea is my dream place since i was a child