Options

Friend's Wedding

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited August 18, 2010 in Weddings
Hi all,
Wasn't sure if I should post here or not--but here goes.
I was a guest.
I stayed out of the pro photos way, I did not use a flash so as not to interfere.
My goal was to try and capture the PJ side of things.
Shot with my Olympus E620 and my pancake 25mm f2.8--shot at mostly iso 1000 which is high for my camera--shots are grainy but that's what I was going for. The light in the reception hall was red to pink--everyone looked pink--I only processed in two different styles (0ne for the ceremony and one for the reception, both very different lighting, both dark, but I tried to keep it cohesive)

C&C wanted. I do have thick skin. Someday I do hope to shoot weddings or second shoot, since it's the PJ side of things that I enjoy shooting.

972403495_izRCU-XL-1.jpg

2. I wanted to get a look at the groom's face when he fist saw his bride.
973342514_chphM-XL-1.jpg

3. I wanted to get the interaction between bride and best friend.
972406158_r8yjN-XL.jpg

972415212_zCpUj-XL-1.jpg

972423849_UgyfM-XL-1.jpg

973675767_SaSzo-XL.jpg

The rest of the gallery here
http://lizzardnyc.smugmug.com/Other/Marina-and-Diegos-Wedding/13350451_N77BN#972403495_izRCU

Things I did notice--So many people in the pro's way, almost elbowing her out of the way! Horrible lighting conditions I never noticed before. I don't know how you guys use the restroom--I'd be afraid to miss a shot!

There is not too many of the reception because I was too busy having fun:)
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Love that first one... from his cute little camera to the sad expression...

And I think I have an entire wardrobe to match the pro tog.... ha ha. Is the bridesmaid sniffing a flower petal in that shot? Weird.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    #1 is a definite winner!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    Love that first one... from his cute little camera to the sad expression...

And I think I have an entire wardrobe to match the pro tog.... ha ha. Is the bridesmaid sniffing a flower petal in that shot? Weird.

Thanks Heather!
    That's my favorite too. The ringbearer had an anxiety meltdown.

As to the maid of honor, I assumed she was sniffling into a tissue, but shewas pretty "cold" throughout the ceremony, so now you have me thinking twice, but sniffing a petal would be weird.

I was checking out the photographer's outfit myself for future reference. She looked very comfortable and did not stickout.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    #1 is a definite winner!

Thanks Moogle:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Liz: All of the shots are great - they tell a story that the formal shots never do.
    A great gift to the happy couple would be a photo book of them.
    I like all that you did even the tone effect.
    A thought just came to my "warped" mind. At weddings there is the "professional" photographer for all of the formals and the required
    shots needed for posterity, the videographer to catch the action, why not the Photo Journalist to capture the precious moments which
    usually get lost in a guests camera or never captured at all. You could start a trend.
    ED
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    Flowerman wrote: »
    Liz: All of the shots are great - they tell a story that the formal shots never do.
    A great gift to the happy couple would be a photo book of them.
    I like all that you did even the tone effect.
    A thought just came to my "warped" mind. At weddings there is the "professional" photographer for all of the formals and the required
    shots needed for posterity, the videographer to catch the action, why not the Photo Journalist to capture the precious moments which
    usually get lost in a guests camera or never captured at all. You could start a trend.
    ED

HI Ed,
    I am giving her the cd with all the images. She has already seen my smugmug gallery and loves it. She was very very happy with them which of course thrilled me.

As to your warped thought rolleyes1.gif. I have had the same thought. I kind of figured that's what second shooters do and it's what I want to do, catching the PJ side of things--man I would love that! It's definately where my heart is as far as shooting. I either have to convince someone to give me a shot at second shooting:) me and my entry level oly with soon to be updated glass :D, or someone has to hire me to shoot this way. I've had two requests already, but I don't feel ready and so have turned it down. They say that's what they want, the PJ, but then I know they would expect the rest, and I'm not up to that yet.

Thanks for commenting Ed.

I'm glad you liked my shots.
    Liz A.
    _________