Options

unguarded moments

marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited August 20, 2010 in Weddings
Last Saturday I helped shoot a very special wedding for my principal photographer. Her baby sister tied the knot and it was made more emotional by the fact that their dad had been battling cancer the previous year. Even though he'd fought and won, he's still in and out of the hospital.

Anyway, here's the link: http://bit.ly/ayUIHz

I'm only allowed to blog about it, so please do indulge your urge to click on it :)

CC always appreciated but any feedback is very welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Kris, those are some really, really nice photos. Beautiful set, I bet the main photographer was really happy to get those from you!!

As for the shot of the 2 kiddos. Cracks me up ... I get a feeling we both need to get a lesson from Heather (aka Sneaky Feather) rolleyes1.gifiloveyou.gif

Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »

As for the shot of the 2 kiddos. Cracks me up ... I get a feeling we both need to get a lesson from Heather (aka Sneaky Feather) rolleyes1.gifiloveyou.gif

Haha, thank you :) I have some other shots of them two, but just had to include this one. Crooked smiles and trying so hard to smile as wide as possible, makes me chuckle.

But honestly, I do need some stealth lessons when it comes to kids...They sneak up on *me*, specially with their "Grab the lens hood and poke the lens" game...
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2010
    The more I look at these, though, the more I feel like my shots are too...straitlaced? I can't think of a better word, but I feel like I really should push myself for more creative compositions...couple of tilts maybe ionno.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    marikris wrote: »
    The more I look at these, though, the more I feel like my shots are too...straitlaced? I can't think of a better word, but I feel like I really should push myself for more creative compositions...couple of tilts maybe ionno.

Nope..these are really good.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Great stuff!
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    marikris wrote: »

Say no to tilts.

I think the PJing here is really good! thumb.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    These are amazing! I absolutely love the moments you captured and your blog post tells the entire story of the day. Fabulous job!thumb.gif
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    These are excellent! Good job catching the sideline emotions. Best thing a 2nd can do. Crowd reactions and stolen moments is what it is all about.

Great Job Kris!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes