Composite shot I been playing with.

940329137_Q2ekE-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Composite shot I been playing with.
    Hi John,
    I really don't know to to put it nicely, so I'm going to lay it down straight.
    While I do appreciate the concept and the topless model, the execution makes me cringe.ne_nau.gif
    • The pose is awkward; her hands, legs, body, head are all in a cumbersome relations to each other and to the whole ensemble;
    • Her expression (with her right shoulder lifted - unless she has no neck length at all) reads "scared/suspicious"
    • The image was taken from a male's eye's level, which makes your model legs look short - and very unflattering. I have been saying that over and over again: NEVER shoot a standing (female) model full height from (your) eye level - that is unless she's twice as tall as you are...
    • When doing a composite (as in pasting the subject into a different environment) the most important thing is the light consistency. It is a rather difficult task to begin with, and you simply failed to accomplish it. The attempts to hide the said inconsistency only make it obvious that this is a not very well constructed composite image.
    • Other than that, I like the BW treatment, especially on the ground/wall/door. On the girl - hard to say, at this point it really doesn't matter.
    Not sure if it helps...rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback Nik.
    As I said, just something I was playing withmwink.gif
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    I pretty much agree with Nik. She's casting a shadow from her right leg onto her left leg, but the other shadows in the image don't seem to match (like the one around the rock at her feet). But that perspective (shooting down on the model) is what first caught my eye. Lovely model but you made her legs look awfully short!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+