Options

An Abstract, please comment

HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
edited August 9, 2005 in Holy Macro
Hi All,
The material in this shot had a metallic sheen to it. I had it printed on metallic paper and it's very bright. It's an "in your face" kinda shot. Anyway, what I'm asking here is whether or not I should put this in our State fair. I've gotten a few good comments on it. You may ask, why am I even asking. Well, I have 9 prints going into the fair and just wondering if this is one I should include. Not sure what category yet, if I do. Guess I'm looking for a yea or nay as I'm undecided.

If you look closely, you'll see something there that isn't immediately noticeable to most people. The title is "Eye can See".
40657260.jpg

Thanks for your contribution,
Chris

Note: It's the eyes (yes redeye even).

A picture is but words to the eyes.
Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    lol3.gif I think it's kinda cool. PS or real? I like the colors and the pattern.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    That IS really cool. The only thing I would do is maybe add in black where the arms show
    through. And again maybe not.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    lol3.gif I think it's kinda cool. PS or real? I like the colors and the pattern.
    Hi Sid,
    No photoshop here. This is a straight shot with a Sony V3 right after I got it. I was originally taking a shot of the pattern and saw her eyes in the background. I then had her put a black wrap around her head to cover everything but her eyes. Redeye was a natural so I kept it. The colors are actual and my wife crocheted this poncho for her work.

Thanks for the comment. So, photo contest worthy?

Chris

• Options
    edited August 8, 2005
    Allen wrote:
    That IS really cool. The only thing I would do is maybe add in black where the arms show
    through. And again maybe not.
    Al
    Hi Al,
    The actual print was cropped a bit from this and the arms were left off. In digital, I kinda liked the clue of having the arms, but in print,it looks better without. Good Call.

So, should I enter it? I'm beginning to think I should.

Thanks for the comment,
    Chris

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2005
    Yes, definately enter it. Everyone will have to re-look when word spreads, did ya see the eyes?rolleyes1.gif
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    aurafloraauraflora Registered Users Posts: 471 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    You should enter this shot. it is like a visual puzzle.

Now I see the eyes. First I focused on the brilliant colors--later the eyes caught me.

Michal
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 9, 2005
    deja-vu???? didn't you post this once before?
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    deja-vu???? didn't you post this once before?
    Hi Angelo,
    Yes I did, awhile back when I first started out here. I had gotten a few responses, but I hadn't considered it for a photo entry. I was undetermined but at my wifes insistance, I had it printed. So, I though I'd ask my fellow photogs if this is contest material. Once I look at a photo for too long, I lose sight of it (my own, I'm my worst critic). From what I'm seeing here, I'm giving it to my wife to have it matted. Final decision will be what it looks like then.

When I originally shot this, I did a quick print and I really liked it. A bit bright for my taste, but the eyes are what draws me to this shot and why I've kept it. This was within the first 100 or so shots taken with my V3 so I've been looking at this shot for quite some time. My first vote for a photo on pbase came just the other day for this photo and made me look at it hard. Otherwise, I wouldn't have brought this up again.

I'm quite humbled by many of the photos I see here and sometimes it takes a kick in the pants to do anything with my own. I've got a few kicks here, plus my wife's kicking so enter it I will (again, providing the matting is good).

Good memory,
    Chris

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 9, 2005
    Hi Angelo,
    Yes I did, awhile back when I first started out here. I had gotten a few responses, but I hadn't considered it for a photo entry. I was undetermined but at my wifes insistance, I had it printed. So, I though I'd ask my fellow photogs if this is contest material. Once I look at a photo for too long, I lose sight of it (my own, I'm my worst critic). From what I'm seeing here, I'm giving it to my wife to have it matted. Final decision will be what it looks like then.

When I originally shot this, I did a quick print and I really liked it. A bit bright for my taste, but the eyes are what draws me to this shot and why I've kept it. This was within the first 100 or so shots taken with my V3 so I've been looking at this shot for quite some time. My first vote for a photo on pbase came just the other day for this photo and made me look at it hard. Otherwise, I wouldn't have brought this up again.

I'm quite humbled by many of the photos I see here and sometimes it takes a kick in the pants to do anything with my own. I've got a few kicks here, plus my wife's kicking so enter it I will (again, providing the matting is good).

Good memory,
    Chris
    well good job Chris. It reminds me of those prints that were all the rage in the 90s... if you stared long enough and squinted your eyes you saw a hidden picture... remember those?
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    well good job Chris. It reminds me of those prints that were all the rage in the 90s... if you stared long enough and squinted your eyes you saw a hidden picture... remember those?
    I sure do. Funny you mentioned this. I had someone get eye strain from the quick print I did until they realized that it's a straight shotrolleyes1.gif. I did get a laugh out of that.

Chris