Options

Long Tailed Skipper?

tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
edited August 9, 2005 in Holy Macro
From my after dinner walk around the yard.

31471344-L.jpg
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    Hi Thomas,
    Another fine shot. I love the clarity plus the colors around the photo. I was out the other night trying to shoot flying moths. I was also out today trying to get some wasps in flight. Now, I got some when they weren't flying and thought they were pretty good. Now I look at this and wonder what I was on to think this. You guys can say how you do this, but in actuallity, it's more than just capturing a bug on a plant with a macro lensthumb.gif.

Thanks for sharing this macro,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    Lovely shot Thomas- looks like a cross between a moth and a bird rolleyes1.gif
    Brian V.
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words Chris. I think getting the lighting setup nailed down has really helped my macro shots. Lighting really is key to most all types of photography. My next goal is to drag out my tripod and try and get some natural light shots in oder to get more colorful backgrounds. Thanks for looking. Your comments are always appreciated.

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2005
    Lovely shot Thomas- looks like a cross between a moth and a bird rolleyes1.gif
    Brian V.
    Thanks Brian and thanks for looking.

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words Chris. I think getting the lighting setup nailed down has really helped my macro shots. Lighting really is key to most all types of photography. My next goal is to drag out my tripod and try and get some natural light shots in oder to get more colorful backgrounds. Thanks for looking. Your comments are always appreciated.
    It's been said before, but I think it's finally settling in. Your lighting comment hit the nail on the head. I did see an improvement by using an external, filtered flash on a flash handle and used onboard flash for fill. I see now that I need something else.

See, old dogs can learn new tricks.

Thanks for the insight again,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister