Options

Ocean City, New Jersey

KennySKennyS Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited September 22, 2010 in Journeys
Hi all, this little set is from my first trip to this great beach resort not too far away from home.

977593207_GrpwE-L.jpg

Good morning!
977593969_r539T-L-3.jpg

After breakfast, it's beach time.
977595470_dNa6n-L.jpg
977597407_zfZUy-L.jpg

But relaxing on the beach wasn't the only thing to do.
977598029_XwjoJ-L.jpg

A couple of panos.
977600387_pqQpu-L.jpg

978344994_EidB7-L.jpg

The bay side of the island offered a nice view as well.
978421322_AxkA5-L.jpg

And finally, as the sun sets behind us, the sky gives a little show over the catamarans.
978345436_kgQNG-L.jpg
Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    What are your seasonal passes for...parking...the beach...do they charge. I looked on the website you listed and can't find a reference for the tags you have on your bag...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    I love the last two. I'm always on the ocean there, but I guess I should check out the bayside too. Nice.
  • Options
    KennySKennyS Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    Ed, the passes are for the beach only. Parking is everyone for themself and as I learned with my $54 ticket, is regulated with an iron fist. Alot of the places you rent come with the beach passes but more can be purchased at the town hall. It really is a great place to go. For most of the week, I didn't even know what day it was. That's what vacation is all about!

John, the bay side is nowhere near as nice as the ocean side, but if you're into hawks and other avian life, it's worth a look. We rented a kayak for the day and puttered around checking out all the birds. Was very cool.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 27, 2010
    You got some good shots there. I really like that sunrise. thumb.gif
  • Options
    kittienkittien Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited September 11, 2010
    The tags in the first picture are beach passes. Every beach area on the Jersey Shore requires them.

Reminds me of when I was growing up (my friends and I always went to Seaside Heights...but OC wasn't too far either)

Great throwback to my high school days. Love the sunrise picture (i never seem to be up early enough...or out late enough)
    =D
  • Options
    starclusterstarcluster Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    3&8 like the best, on 3 like the focus and on the #8; like the light that was reflected on the water
    and on #4 i prefer it if you were close to the Fence to eliminate the ppl at the back ground...

Nice Shooting :3