Options

Please allow me to introduce myself

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited August 23, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Does this work?

976047062_vbDkB-L.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited August 20, 2010
    Hmm...maybe change the title to "Please allow me to introduce myself..." rolleyes1.gif Maybe that's what you meant.

I rather like it, but I think it would work better if you cropped it square, eliminating from the bottom. I don't think we need to see that much shirt.
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Hmm...maybe change the title to "Please allow me to introduce myself..." rolleyes1.gif Maybe that's what you meant.

I rather like it, but I think it would work better if you cropped it square, eliminating from the bottom. I don't think we need to see that much shirt.

Good call Richard. I've changed the crop and like it much better. And yes, that is what I intended. My memory of lyrics at 5am is poor at best. rolleyes1.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited August 20, 2010
    Patti wrote: »
    Good call Richard. I've changed the crop and like it much better. And yes, that is what I intended. My memory of lyrics at 5am is poor at best. rolleyes1.gif

lol3.gif Mick probably forgets, too. I fixed the thread title for you.

Much better with the crop. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2010
    Thanks Richard!

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    I'm a Man of Wealth and Fame been around for a long, long time, man I dig that tune thumb.gif

Like the shot too ylsuper.gif
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    bfjr wrote: »
    I'm a Man of Wealth and Fame been around for a long, long time, man I dig that tune thumb.gif

Guess I'm getting fergitful too. I thought it was a "man of wealth and taste." ne_nau.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Great shot and PS work. Not seeing the look on the face of the person in the white shirt lends more to the mystery - "what was I thinking - no honey I am not entering this place - I will be right home". So much can be written about this capture. (This is why I like Street PJ so much - good shots tell many stories.
    ED

www.photoman74.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Great shot! thumb.gif

Full lyrics at Sympathy For The Devil.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2010
    Flowerman wrote: »
    Great shot and PS work. Not seeing the look on the face of the person in the white shirt lends more to the mystery - "what was I thinking - no honey I am not entering this place - I will be right home". So much can be written about this capture. (This is why I like Street PJ so much - good shots tell many stories.
    ED

www.photoman74.smugmug.com

Thanks Ed. The Fringe Fest in Edinburgh provided so many photo ops. This guy was great. :D The Mickster immediately started singing in my head.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2010
    bfjr wrote: »

Icebear wrote: »
    Guess I'm getting fergitful too. I thought it was a "man of wealth and taste." ne_nau.gif
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Great shot! thumb.gif

Full lyrics at Sympathy For The Devil.

Don

It's such a great song, isn't it? clap.gif

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    ish. I can't imagine washing that stuff off.