Options

My 1st wedding....tease

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited August 24, 2010 in Weddings
OK, this did not go like I hoped it would. I was sick on the big day :cry, just dragging. I set my camera to A priority and left it there ALL DAY! In fact I have been sick ever since ! My DR is checking for thyroid, mono etc. Some of you wondered, I am, sure why I dropped off the earth.

I know my bride will be very happy with the job I did, but I sure could have done better. My bride is a no non sense girl, she was doing all the flowers when I got to her place and there was no pretty anticipation stuff going on. I don't think she even wore make up. The multi-purpose room left a lot to be desired. The church gal told me where to be for the aisle shots, she made a spot for me....not a good location.. so those shots aren't that hot. BUT later we went into the sanctuary and took loads of photos near the stained glass.

THE RECEPTION was located in a tiny bungalow in a historic district. NO AC. This is Phoenix, it was about 109 that day. The misters in the backyard were either ON full speed or OFF. I had to keep asking the host to turn them off for short periods, it was begining to look like I was shooting in London!!!
I made it till the cake cutting at 8:30 PM. I began the day at 2 PM at the bride's home. She only wanted 3 hours coverage but I did the entire day at the same price just to get the experience.

Please be kind,:rolleyes I was just looking to make it through the day, and did the best I could that day. Luckily my bride
mostly wanted candids, I gave her a sneak preview and she thinks they are "fantastic"

I will never ever do another wedding in July in Phoenix again !!
I'll post more in a week or so.
976001906_RMVCq-L.jpg

976002384_xHPWr-L.jpg

976002707_P9DfD-L.jpg

976002920_J4wVC-L.jpg

976003154_mC6i7-L.jpg

976011604_gKjvX-L.jpg

976011509_ZGXbc-L.jpg

976011407_6HTa7-L.jpg

976011137_SwerT-L.jpg

976011962_y5iJ4-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    so far so good. these are heads and tails better then a lot of "1st timers"

The last couple are with lens baby and heart shaped aperture right? lovely
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Looks great so far. Your couple will be thrilled. thumb.gif
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    so far so good. these are heads and tails better then a lot of "1st timers"

The last couple are with lens baby and heart shaped aperture right? lovely

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Good guess on the image, but it all was done PP. NIK blur vignette and AlienSkin Bokeh for the hearts.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    OK, this did not go like I hoped it would. I was sick on the big day :cry, just dragging. I set my camera to A priority and left it there ALL DAY! In fact I have been sick ever since ! My DR is checking for thyroid, mono etc. Some of you wondered, I am, sure why I dropped off the earth.

I know my bride will be very happy with the job I did, but I sure could have done better. My bride is a no non sense girl, she was doing all the flowers when I got to her place and there was no pretty anticipation stuff going on. I don't think she even wore make up. The multi-purpose room left a lot to be desired. The church gal told me where to be for the aisle shots, she made a spot for me....not a good location.. so those shots aren't that hot. BUT later we went into the sanctuary and took loads of photos near the stained glass.

THE RECEPTION was located in a tiny bungalow in a historic district. NO AC. This is Phoenix, it was about 109 that day. The misters in the backyard were either ON full speed or OFF. I had to keep asking the host to turn them off for short periods, it was begining to look like I was shooting in London!!!
    I made it till the cake cutting at 8:30 PM. I began the day at 2 PM at the bride's home. She only wanted 3 hours coverage but I did the entire day at the same price just to get the experience.

Please be kind,rolleyes1.gif I was just looking to make it through the day, and did the best I could that day. Luckily my bride
    mostly wanted candids, I gave her a sneak preview and she thinks they are "fantastic"

I will never ever do another wedding in July in Phoenix again !!
    I'll post more in a week or so.
    Fantastic images, honestly. However I will say that in 5-10 years, heck maybe in just one year, you will regret the photoshop. Trust me on this one, and tone down the last two images a little. ;-)

Again, GREAT job on your 1st wedding! I think the captures stand on their own and you don't need to worry about trying to "improve" them on the computer. They speak for themselves.

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Good guess on the image, but it all was done PP. NIK blur vignette and AlienSkin Bokeh for the hearts.

You did good until 9/10.
    Ew.
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2010
    The Mack wrote: »
    You did good until 9/10.
    Ew.

I think I will redo the last 2 and see if I can leave off some of the frills I added !
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    I think I will redo the last 2 and see if I can leave off some of the frills I added !

Just remember, bokeh can not be faked and look good.
  • Options
    Debashis_A_ghoshDebashis_A_ghosh Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    If I was your customer I would be delighted to have shots like these. Very well done.
    Debashis Ghosh

My Flickr

EOS 700D, 100 mm f/2.8 Macro USM,
    EF-S 55-250 F/4-5.6 IS, EF-50 f/1.8,
    EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    These are lovely, the d700 is doing you well I see! I like the moments captured in the last 2, just not with the effect as others have said. Great 1st job!