Options

BayPhoto canvas thickness - are my hands tied?

dudsduds Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
edited August 28, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi everyone.

I have a client who wants to order several sizes of canvas... most of the sizes are available through SmugMug, but the 24x24 is not. So, I was planning to order that one directly through Bay Photo... I learned that BayPhoto's wrapped Giclee canvases are only available at the following thicknesses: 3/4", 1.5", 2.5". So, if I order that one directly through BayPhoto, it will not be the same thickness as the ones I order through SM (which are 1.75" thick, I believe.) Is that right?

Any suggestions or thoughts? I suppose I can order everything through BayPhoto directly, but I'd prefer not to do so. I really enjoy using SM as a middleman. :D Just wondering if my hands are tied.
Matt Dudley
Matt Dudley Photography
Nashville child photographer
Twitter: @mattdudleyphoto
Facebook: facebook.com/mattdudleyphotography

Comments

• Options
    PapalouiePapalouie Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    duds wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I have a client who wants to order several sizes of canvas... most of the sizes are available through SmugMug, but the 24x24 is not. So, I was planning to order that one directly through Bay Photo... I learned that BayPhoto's wrapped Giclee canvases are only available at the following thicknesses: 3/4", 1.5", 2.5". So, if I order that one directly through BayPhoto, it will not be the same thickness as the ones I order through SM (which are 1.75" thick, I believe.) Is that right?

Any suggestions or thoughts? I suppose I can order everything through BayPhoto directly, but I'd prefer not to do so. I really enjoy using SM as a middleman. :D Just wondering if my hands are tied.

Hi, the 1.5" that Bay Photo uses is the same as the 1.75", it is actually between the two because of the thickness of the canvas but they are the same size. We'll see what we can do about adding 24x24 to SmugMug offerings also. Thanks for the heads up.....Larry