Options

Problems Installing CS5

racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
edited August 29, 2010 in Finishing School
Ugh, this has got to be one of the glitchiest versions of photoshop yet!
The fist time I installed CS5, I ran into tons of problems, bugs, I got it working, and was using it with no problems for a few months.
Now, I had to reinstal windows because of unrelated issues. I had to install photoshop 4 times before I could get it to install, because of some sort of system rights issue (error code 6 ?)
So I got it installed and running, then I couldnt get it to work with my Wacom tablet, got that working, then it wouldnt let me do anything unless I deleted all temp files each time I opened photoshop.
Now it wont let me do anything, cant open any files in it, everything is grayed out. How many more times do I need to reinstall this before I can get it working :noob

Is this a common problem with photoshop?
Todd - My Photos

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited August 27, 2010
    Adobe's installers have never been great, but this sounds atypical. Did you uninstall before re-installing? You should.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2010
    yes, uninstalled everything, including the adobe help and adobe air, then ran a extra adobe uninstaller, that they made for if your having problems installing. Each time I also uninstalled the Wacom drivers and mouse drivers, then restarted before I tried reinstalling.
    Todd - My Photos
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited August 27, 2010
    racer wrote: »
    yes, uninstalled everything, including the adobe help and adobe air, then ran a extra adobe uninstaller, that they made for if your having problems installing. Each time I also uninstalled the Wacom drivers and mouse drivers, then restarted before I tried reinstalling.
    Hmmm...maybe check out Adobe's support forums or just call their customer support line. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions
    I got it working (for now), I dont think photoshop likes my wacom tablet very much. I tried another reinstall, this time I uninstalled everything, unpluged the tablet, ran the cleaning script, uninstalled the wacom drivers, restarted. I reinstalled and everything seems to be working. I think the previous times I uninstalled the wacom drivers, but didnt unplug it from the computer, and I think that was causing me problems.
    Todd - My Photos
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    racer wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions
    I got it working (for now), I dont think photoshop likes my wacom tablet very much. I tried another reinstall, this time I uninstalled everything, unpluged the tablet, ran the cleaning script, uninstalled the wacom drivers, restarted. I reinstalled and everything seems to be working. I think the previous times I uninstalled the wacom drivers, but didnt unplug it from the computer, and I think that was causing me problems.
    Sounds like it's time to do some research on the Wacom tablet and drivers. I bet the Wacom support team knows all about how to make it work with Photoshop (since that's a popular reason to own a Wacom table).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    Are you installing the 64 bit CS5 on a 32 bit machine. I had similar problems until I installed the 32 bit cs5