Got My SmugMug Strap Thread

Comments

• TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2010
    Philly - three months ago.

You could've said Minot, ND, last week, and I would've believed it.
  • Captain TurnipCaptain Turnip Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 2, 2010
    You could've said Minot, ND, last week, and I would've believed it.

Dang, mis-typed "Philly" for "Minot, ND" once again:D
  • hmsports36hmsports36 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 7, 2010
    thank you very much.
  • LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2010
    I've had mine for some time now....Jumped on that free offer first chance I got, and love it! But I felt inclined to make a post here b/c I just recently saw someone pass by my office with a camera slung over his shoulder...And low-and-behold, I saw the SmugMug strap-o-fame! I could have sworn the wording on his was blue though! I only had time to glance at it quickly...Are you guys selling one now with the new "SmugMug Pro" logo??

Edit to add...Looks like I should have read previous posts. So there IS a Pro strap, eh?! Hmmmm :-)
    edited June 10, 2010
    LeeHowell wrote: »
    I've had mine for some time now....Jumped on that free offer first chance I got, and love it! But I felt inclined to make a post here b/c I just recently saw someone pass by my office with a camera slung over his shoulder...And low-and-behold, I saw the SmugMug strap-o-fame! I could have sworn the wording on his was blue though! I only had time to glance at it quickly...Are you guys selling one now with the new "SmugMug Pro" logo??

Edit to add...Looks like I should have read previous posts. So there IS a Pro strap, eh?! Hmmmm :-)

There is, but good luck getting one. I filled out the form months ago and haven't received one, but I heard some were given away at some expo. Kind of sucks, I'm a Pro account holder and can't get one.
  • Flash Of TimeFlash Of Time Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 11, 2010
    Diana @ Flash Of Time Photography
    Hey Everyone! I just ordered my strap today. I did this because while I was on the beach last week I met a fellow Smugger. Had he not had a strap from Smug Mug, we would have never met. It's great to meet fellow Smuggers! Hope I get my strap quickly!!!clap.gif
  • Coney_Island_GaryConey_Island_Gary Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Hey Everyone! I just ordered my strap today. I did this because while I was on the beach last week I met a fellow Smugger. Had he not had a strap from Smug Mug, we would have never met. It's great to meet fellow Smuggers! Hope I get my strap quickly!!!clap.gif

How do you order the smugmug strap?
    Gary from Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    How do you order the smugmug strap?

Hi, just like we say in the very first post of this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=74240

thumb.gif Thanks!
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2010
    not to sound greedy, but can we request a strap each time we renew or purchase an account (so, in my case...yearly for my pro account)?
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    Wow! I've been an active member of this forum for more than an year and I just "happened" upon this! I've ordered mine and CAN'T wait!!! What a perfect accessory for my new 7d!!!!

Kudos, SmugMug!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • nickeverettnickeverett Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2010
    Can power users in the uk receive a strap too?
    edited July 19, 2010
    Can power users in the uk receive a strap too?

Anyone can.
    edited July 20, 2010
    Unless they're out of stock :D, which they are :cry. I filled out the form six months ago to get the new strap, and still haven't gotten it.
  • Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2010
    Is there any word on when the SmugMug Pro straps are going to be in stock and shipping again? I placed an order for one a long time ago, and received just the plain smugmug strap again...
  • RJPJRJPJ Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2010
    Out of stock
    I just ordered mine today but they are out of stock. Any idea when they will be shipping again? Im going to have to try and pull rank on my wife so she does not try to steal it, that never works... I hope she likes her strap when it finally ships :cry
  • jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2010
    This is a cautionary tale:

I have been using the previously distributed SmugMug straps on all my cameras, and they work well.

I got my first SmugMugPro strap at the second Silicon Valley SMUG meeting. I really like the non-slip finish and springy action of the strap. I proudly put it on my latest DSLR

The SmugMug Pro strap really worked well - until the plastic buckle on one end snapped, dropping the camera and lens on the ground. That was the first failure. The other camera I was carrying at the time had the older strap with heavier equipment - still no problem.

I've just had a second failure of a buckle on another SmugMugPro strap with exactly the same results - camera and lens on the ground. Again, the other camera I was carrying at the time had the older strap with heavier equipment - still no problem.

I love the SmugMug Pro straps, but the buckles aren't sturdy enough to protect my equipment.
    Wow - yes, this is exactly what happened to me. The clasp or loop buckle thing gave out. It happened on one side and I tied it, but weeks later the other buckle broke as well.

Both times, I happened to have my hand on the flash, and when I felt it start to slip I grabbed on and saved the camera from hitting the concrete.

I love everything about the look and feel of the strap, but those buckles need to be made of plastic-coated metal.
    You're the 2nd or 3rd person to say that. I just received my SM Prostrap a week ago and have not yet used it. I'm planning on using the buckle from the stock Canon strap that came with the camera in place of the one from the SMPro strap.

Our pro strap broke too. Now we have grains of sand between the focusing rings of our Canon 70-200mm lens (we were at the beach when it happened). :cry :cry :cry Definitely something different between the original and the new one. Our original smugmug strap has been going strong for a long time without problems.
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    edited August 7, 2010
    Our pro strap broke too. Now we have grains of sand between the focusing rings of our Canon 70-200mm lens (we were at the beach when it happened). :cry :cry :cry Definitely something different between the original and the new one. Our original smugmug strap has been going strong for a long time without problems.
    Markham's going to help you. I already escalated your issue to him, thanks.
    edited August 7, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Markham's going to help you. I already escalated your issue to him, thanks.

I know... Just wanted to add to the thread so others know about it. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to let people know about the problem.

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
    edited August 7, 2010
    I know... Just wanted to add to the thread so others know about it. Not trying to be difficult, just trying to let people know about the problem.

We're still looking at the issue. 10,000 straps out there from this batch. We heard of only very few problems. Very few. Still, it's unsettling. Thanks for bringing it up.
    edited August 9, 2010
    edited August 9, 2010
    bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

edited August 10, 2010
    So is there a specific place to put in an order for the pro straps? I noticed the link in the blog just takes you to the regular order place. Last time I placed an order over there, they just sent me the regular strap, which I've already got. How can I be sure that I don't waste another regular strap of yours and just get the pro one?
    edited August 10, 2010
    So is there a specific place to put in an order for the pro straps? I noticed the link in the blog just takes you to the regular order place. Last time I placed an order over there, they just sent me the regular strap, which I've already got. How can I be sure that I don't waste another regular strap of yours and just get the pro one?
    Place your order there. Same place. You'll get a new strap, SmugMug Pro.
    edited August 11, 2010
  • Ray FRay F Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I did not know i can order a smugmug strap. of course i did right away as soon as i found out :D

Now i hope they get back in stock soon.....
    Raymond

My site
  • The StigThe Stig Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I guess my strap to Perth Western Australia should come in the next five years or so ;p
  • rgphotorgphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Still waiting on mine :(...i've been looking forward to replacing my good quality leather tamrac strap with this one haha
    website | blog | twitter | facebook

Nikon d700, sb-600 external flash Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, AF NIKKOR 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 D, AF-S NIKKOR 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G, AF Promaster Macro

Using photography to pay for engineering school is a bad business plan.
  • SJLPicsSJLPics Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 21, 2010
    Done.....
    Ordered mine a couple of days ago......looking forward to it.
  • homerecordingodysseyhomerecordingodyssey Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 23, 2010
    Cool, just ordered mine and can't wait after trying a friends!
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    SmugMug Pro Camera Strap Status
    Howdy guys,
    Is there any way to see the status of the SmugMug Pro Camera Straps? Just wanted to make sure the form went through when I submitted it a couple weeks ago. I'm excited to start sporting SmugMug all over!

Note: I did read the page and noticed that you updated it to say that there's such a huge demand it could take WEEKS to come. I assume I just need to sit tight and be patient (who's patient these days?!)

Thanks,
    -Leftquark
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations