Options

Posing guides ...

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited September 1, 2010 in Weddings
Just came across these links and thought I'd share .... I have my own little posing guide (made out of photos that I found on the web and loved).

Now, I am not saying it's a good thing if you copy somebody else's poses & steal their ideas, BUT having a little booklet like this in case your brain freezes during a shoot is REALLY helpful. :thumb

They are fairly expensive, I'd say it would be just as easy to make one yourself, but hey, thought I'd throw out the links in case you'd want to have a peek:

Design Aglow
Soulographer
Jacqueline's Posing Guide
The Ice Society
Photographers Toolkit

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Just came across these links and thought I'd share .... I have my own little posing guide (made out of photos that I found on the web and loved).

Now, I am not saying it's a good thing if you copy somebody else's poses & steal their ideas, BUT having a little booklet like this in case your brain freezes during a shoot is REALLY helpful. thumb.gif

They are fairly expensive, I'd say it would be just as easy to make one yourself, but hey, thought I'd throw out the links in case you'd want to have a peek:

Design Aglow
    Soulographer
    Jacqueline's Posing Guide
    The Ice Society
    Photographers Toolkit

My Blackberry takes it one step further and I have 4 separate folders. Men, Women, (both Fashion) Children/Infants, and then Wedding/Engagement. And to answer the inevitable question that will arise, yes I go into a Barnes and Noble and snap away at any image that strikes me as something that I would like to similarly try. It works. :D
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Thank you! I struggle with posing.
    Jaye
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    I too have look at the sites of Master pros that I liked and copied a shot here and there as a posing guide also......
    I used to do it shooting film and copy pics from books that caught my eye...then I bought about 5 yrs worht of
    Sports Illustraded Swimsuit issues with the DVD showing the shoots in action............several of the images were
    done with P/S cameras.....................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    I call mine a shot book and have been advocating the same ever since my first maternity shoot. Looked on the internet...found a bunch of pretty neat poses...printed them and put them in my three ring binder...took it with me to the shoot. It's sure a lot easier than direction. Just ask the mom to be if she can do this and point...that's it...then you can compare what shes doing to the print...chin down...shoulder up...rotate this way or that...etc.

And no, I don't represent the poses In my shot book as my own work.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed