Options

Beach Wedding

mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited September 1, 2010 in Weddings
A while back many of you gave me great advice on shooting a beach wedding. I thought I would post a few pics so could see how I did. I don't post here very often but I want to get better so all your advice is greatly appreciated.

I know I need to work on horizon lines in the background. For some reason I can't seem to remember that at the time of shooting. That was a mistake I made several times in this series..

989114347_iAYN7-M.jpg

2.989114799_invBH-M.jpg

989115289_isfFB-M.jpg

989115773_Zwr3Y-M.jpg

989116072_Qzu7r-M.jpg

989116482_Cj9UM-M.jpg

989138278_pZZQP-M.jpg

989139155_rTrYd-M.jpg

989117425_jEts6-M.jpg

989138121_gWpeC-M.jpg

989117587_MBmMa-M.jpg

989117900_vZUtf-M.jpg

989118515_gptDi-M.jpg

14. This cabin had significance to them...forget exactly why but they wanted some pics in front of it.
989119004_hC5s4-M.jpg

989119451_8KshS-M.jpg

989119641_wTqS8-M.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Comments

• Options
    shutterbug616shutterbug616 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    The background on the beach is hazy and sooo much blue.. possibly the use of a filter would have toned that down a bit. The BW shot is good.. indoor shooting is also good. The shot of the ceremony while others are sitting, the colors really just smack ya..so a I think for this setting, where the sun was positioned and bouncing off the water..I'd have used a polorizer filter. Any time you take the chance of shooting towards the sun with water in the background you risk the glare overshadowing the picture.. #12 where there is no glare is very good. I like that one and 11. The rest, if the horizan isn't hazy, the sun is a glare. I assume you had a consultation with these two and were informed where on the beach the wedding would be? Did you scout the location and check sun location with time and take a few sample shots of the area, maybe get ideas of where you will be while the wedding is happening? If not I would strongly recommend you do this. That way if you run into any lighting problems, bring them up to the groom and bride.. they are paying for it.
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    IMO the sun on the water doesn't bother me. I'm looking on an iPad so I can't really comment on color but it looks nice and bright and the lines all seem very sharp. You do need to straighten a few of your horizon lines but that's an easy fix. I really enjoyed these. 5 is very fun and the ceremony shot is stunning.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    I think you did a good job working is some harsh (bright sun and reflection from water) conditions clap.gif
  • Options
    IrrokIrrok Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Looks pretty good.
    With time and experience you will naturally remember the fundamentals leaving more brain power to focus on angles and posing...

Feel free to look at some of my Jacksonville Beach Wedding Photography .
    If you have any questions let me know I would be happy to give any help I can...

-Best
  • Options
    Crystal EveCrystal Eve Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    #15 is lovely!!
    Boudoir | Wedding | Portrait | Automotive

Website | Facebook | Email
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    I really like the set. The vibrant colors don't bother me at all. It looks like a fairy tale beach wedding, with a beautiful sky and bright colors all around. Personally, if I was getting married on the beach tomorrow I would want the pictures to look like that. Sharp, clean crisp and vibrant. It seems to match the couple. The seem to have bright happy go lucky personalities. Number 8 is my least favorite, kinda makes me squint, but that's it. I like them....obviously.