Options

Shots of a best friend - C&C!

JonDraperPhotoJonDraperPhoto Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited September 4, 2010 in People
This is my best friend Cameron Mitchell who is in the process of trying to make a name for himself in the music industry. I record all of his songs and videos as well.. and he actually has a song that will be on 106.1 Kiss FM sometime in the near future that we recorded here in my house. Anyway, we went outside today for a few pictures and this is what came from them! If you want the full story and info on the photos, go to my blog at www.JonDraperPhoto.com. Ignore the watermark.. these are my FB sized photos and I watermark them all.. so sorry about that.

C&C Appreciated!

www.YouTube.com/CameronMitchellMusic

Here they are!
1. 1-SEPIA.jpg

2. 3.jpg

3. Just a funny face he made in between shots.. and I thought i'd share it as well..
2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Nice work, I like #1 the best
    Not much C&C to offer
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    #1 is the best of the bunch, IMO. The b/g in #2 makes it look like you are in the back yard shooting. Plus you lose the eye contact. In the first one, you might want to tone down his hands a bit, they seem to pop a bit more than you may want them to (the position of them/pulled up sleeves also adds to their size/prominence in the image). Quite nice, though!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    adbsgicom, we were in the backyard shooting haha. I just wanted to take him outside and take a couple pictures and I kinda thought the backyard look could look cool. So yeah, it was actually intentional. But thank you both!
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Really like these and he has a great look.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    Thanks! Everyone go check him out! www.YouTube.com/CameronMitchellMusic
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Are you freakin' kiddin' me ?? ?? ?? The boy's got pipes! Wish like hell I could shoot him so I could say "I knew him when"! Any chance he's coming to SC anytime soon? :D I want this kid in my portfolio! Take him out and shoot, shoot, shoot. Gonna be listening out for Cameron for sure.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    Thanks Darren! He isn't traveling right now.. he's just trying to get someone to pick him up. We'll be working on videos of his original stuff here sometime soon as well and I'll post them so keep a look out!
  • Options
    toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    great stuff
    Love the sound and the look --- talent on both sides of the camera/mic. What did you shoot the video with?
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    Thank Todd. They were all shot with my Canon 5d mkII and the lenses I use for all my photos. It's great to have the video option
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Well done. Both of you!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Can't go wrong with a John mayer cover well done...
    The boys got talent!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    BEAUTIFUL photos, processing (and the model doesn't look too shabby either :D). Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Wow! Cameron's music is great. (Does he have anything available to download yet?)

I love both #1 and #3. To my eye, #1 is a very good musician PR shot. Well done. But I like #3 because of the personality it projects...I think for some purposes it could be very useful. I'd be curious to see whether #1 would have the same punch if it were processed like 3...
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    Thank you all. @Stueve, I have a version of the photo that looks just like #3 but I put them side by side and the sepia won hands down and I normally would rather it be in color.. but this photo just looked great in that antique tone sepia. And yes, he DOES have one song on iTunes we recorded right here in this house. He's singing and playing some guitar and i'm playing drums, bass, and some guitar as well.

Go to http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-can-wait/id382019914 and download his song!
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    Agnieszka, I really love your blog. What actions are you using for the editing in your most recent post of the wedding? The Lisa & David post.
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    I've got to go with #1 of the series. Very nice.

And that boy can sing. thumb.gif

• Options
    JakeEbersoleJakeEbersole Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    I like them. Great job.
  • Options
    pokerpoker Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    I like 1 and 3. IMO, the 2nd photo would've been better without seeing the top of the fence line and keeping the head below it. I just like how the fence pattern fills the background like in photos 1 and 3.
    I like photos especially ones shot by Canons. I'm just another fanboy :ivar
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Like #1 & 2 alot. Watch out for losing detail in the highlights esp in the face on #1. Hands are always tough. They look much better in #1 than #3. It is alot to look at it but that is what getting it right is all about. #1 would be a cool cover shot.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited September 1, 2010
    The first is a great shot. I'd include some tight head shots as well as maybe a few more candid shots.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2010
    Thanks for all the C&C guys! I really appreciate hearing it
  • Options
    glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    #1 really works for me as well. I've been following both of you since you posted the first vid in 'Actions". I keep checking back to see if anything new has been posted. I hope everything works out for both of you down the road.

glenn
  • Options
    BreNixonBreNixon Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    Great photos! Loved his voice. I subbed him =] I sing too, but no where near as good as him. http://www.youtube.com/breannesky
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    These are confident shots from you, and the development is quality. Well done! For me, they are just a touch too genteel, and the loco just a bit too hick, and the posing just a smidgen too up and down. The quizzicality of the raised eyebrows in #3 weakens the face, I think. I would like to see some grunge in the recipe, some angularity in the pose of your friend where some energy can spark, some lyricism in the setting to sing along with the music.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix