Options

Varsity Volleyball - in a yellow gym cc welcome

jimqjrjimqjr Registered Users Posts: 250 Major grins
edited September 3, 2010 in Sports
One of the Gyms in our area is really fun to take highschool sports in:dunno It is just yellow. I used lightroom to clean this one up, what do you think?
991687996_3x2pV-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    I think the saturation is way too high. Tone that down and I think the WB will be fine.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2010
    johng wrote: »
    I think the saturation is way too high. Tone that down and I think the WB will be fine.
    Thanks for the insight I changed the saturation and realized that I had increased it in the camera for some other stuff I was doing.
    Let me know if you think this picture is better.
    Thanks again.992011906_4cWnt-X3.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2010
    johng wrote: »

Thanks John,
    Being it was the first of the highschool season for me of course I forgot to bring my expodisc for the white balance. This gym is so yellow and dark you just fight your way through. And if my head wasnt attached I would leave that at home sometimes too.
    Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    I think second with less sat looks alot better. Did you have strobes set up anywhere? What lens?
    My daughter made the freshman team this year and I am aspiring to get better images this year of her playing.
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2010
    ilbcnu wrote: »
    I think second with less sat looks alot better. Did you have strobes set up anywhere? What lens?
    My daughter made the freshman team this year and I am aspiring to get better images this year of her playing.

Hello Amanda,
    Thanks for the comment. For me it is better to have someone tell me what I am messing up then for me to see it myself. So thanks, I always think my stuff is just okay. I have not education in photography just alot of helpful people willing to say if you do this or that along the way that has made a tremendous difference. So thanks.

I for the life of me can not figure out how to use a flash or a strobe for that matter. I have a flash it rarely gets used and I do not have a strobe. I deal with the light always wishing there was more. I see the stuff that MAX Preps puts out and the shadows do nothing for me.

My indoor sports has been unconventional for most so I use an 85 1.2 for Volleyball and a 50 1.2 for Basketball.

According to the bloggers these lenses are too slow for sports. I would tend to agree if there was light.

Also, they probably know how to use lightroom or photoshop 1,000 times better than I. Of course I can use lightroom but beyond that not so much. I do what I can to make a better picture in the Camera which is how I screwed up the saturations on these pictures.

Have a great weekend. I hope I answered your questions.
    Please send me a post of your Daughters daughters game. That is how I got started taking pictures. My Daughter played basketball and I could not stand listening to the parents BS about the coach, playing time, etc...
    I picked up a camera and got frustrated googled and found people like yourself to say this looks good or that looks bad.
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2010
    992812637_3Yfsz-X3.jpg

992812497_9u3Yq-X3.jpg

992812578_vuZcB-X3.jpg