Options

Few from Medical Camp

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 3, 2010 in Street and Documentary
As some of you know me and my friends went on relief mission at one of the flood hit area, here is series of 10 photos i shot there at medical camp. It was all setup at only surviving house in whole neighborhood and got crowded when we arrived. This village was located at very remote area and once it got under control of Taliban, but now peaceful.
974621857_pp5sv-XL.jpg
974622104_vqv3s-XL.jpg
974622324_fbGLT-XL.jpg
974622493_SjMKd-XL.jpg
974622674_qEFEJ-XL.jpg
974622905_tQNNV-XL.jpg
974623094_B89qn-XL.jpg
974623288_pgro2-XL.jpg
974623548_AGBuR-XL.jpg
974623748_zJ43L-XL.jpg

What you get from photos? i am going to reserve my comments.
It was happening so fast, i was not able to set my camera to avoid blur, inside room was almost dark.

You can see some random images on my facebook album

thanks
More to come
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Nice series. Glad you could get there.

I like the way the boy is taking care of the girl. And her reaching for and grasping the paper in the 7th and 8th ones. I am surprised to see red hair. I thought all Pakistanis had dark brown or black hair. I like 1, 4, 7, 9, and 10 as stand alones. The others work well in the series.

Thanks!
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    That little boy is something else!
    While the series is great as a whole, the relationship that stands out to me is the one of the older brother (I'm guessing he is) and the little girl. From the first shot you see him paying attention, then handing over a paper and being ushered into the room with the little girl's hand in his. I'm glad you followed them with your camera for a bit Awais.

I hope their family is ok.
    I find this to be a powerful series Awais.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    what a great series. I think it's OK that you were'nt able to stop motion on all of them, those that aren't sharp help give an overall sense to the rest of the series, and helps connect us viewers so far removed from this tragedy to what's really happening. I'm glad you're helping and sharing your experiences with us.
    edited August 19, 2010
    I have been shocked at the photos of the widespread destruction and displacement of people from these floods.

Your set shows that with all these people face, they still have time to give love and attention to the children whom they know should not face such hardships at this age.

Thanks for sharing this.
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2010
    Thanks for looking and commentingthumb.gif

Yes they are brother and sister, i don't know about parents but their uncle stopped them to inquire what medicine they got from camp (10th photo)
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    For me, the red hair is the real kicker. It's like the girl in pink in Schindler's List--I can't look anywhere else. A powerful series with an amazing set of circumstances. The blur does get in the way a little, I'm left wanting more. Perhaps that isn't a bad thing.
  • Options
    Debashis_A_ghoshDebashis_A_ghosh Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    Life is tough. Sometimes we devastation in my ountry in INdia sometimes across the borders where people of China bangladesh and Pakistan face natures wrath. That you were able to capture well exposed shots that narrate the story themselves is reason enough to say that this is a job well done. The motion blurr and other technicalities are nice to have but can be over looked when you are narrating the story.
    Debashis Ghosh

My Flickr

EOS 700D, 100 mm f/2.8 Macro USM,
    EF-S 55-250 F/4-5.6 IS, EF-50 f/1.8,
    EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    Thank you my friends for comments. I have few more from that day will post them soon.

Regards

My Gallery
  • Options
    PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    Wow. These are not the kind of thing I've been seeing in the usual press shots. Something's more real about this set. Chilling, but also heartening to see people banding together to help each other.
  • Options
    GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,757 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    Well captured thumb.gif

A really touching series of pictures.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Thank you so much for sharing these, Awais. A wonderful set. I particularly light ##1, 9 and 10.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    Stella7dStella7d Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Very powerful series!
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Thanks for sharing this Awais. Love the interaction between brother and sister - you captured this bond very well.
    E
  • Options
    edited September 3, 2010
    Thanks for kind words guys!

My Gallery