Options

a street in Essaouira

erickerick Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
edited September 9, 2010 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    I would probably lift the black point a little and crop from the lower right slightly. Otherwise, I like the technical aspects of the shot. But I don't really get the story. ne_nau.gif Still, lots of potential in the location. Really looking forward to seeing more!
  • Options
    SimplyShaneSimplyShane Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    A marvelous shot.

Seeing it in color would have been interesting, but regardless, the composition is very strong. Great use of the long-exposure here.

Did you use any kind of filter?
    ---My Photography Homepage---

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bengford
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    Really like...well done!!!
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited September 4, 2010
    A marvelous shot.

Seeing it in color would have been interesting, but regardless, the composition is very strong. Great use of the long-exposure here.

Did you use any kind of filter?
    Thank you SimplyShane

Canon 5D Mark II, TSE 24mm L II, Heliopan ND filter 0.9 , f/11, ISO 100, 20 seconds

Art Scott wrote: »
    Really like...well done!!!
    thank you
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    Very nice, love the feel of this
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimplyShaneSimplyShane Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    erick wrote: »
    Thank you SimplyShane

Canon 5D Mark II, TSE 24mm L II, Heliopan ND filter 0.9 , f/11, ISO 100, 20 seconds

How much did that ND filter cost? Are they hard to use?? I've been dying to try this kind of thing out myself.

Granted, I'm not sure I could match what you have here. If I had more money, I'd ask for a large-sized print. That's how much I like this image. Truly brilliant. The lines, the shadows, the blur...it all works so very well.

Thank you for sharing.
    ---My Photography Homepage---

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bengford
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2010
    thanks a lot SimpleShane

you must not use an Heliopan ND 0.9, you can take a B+W or any dark filter, Heliopan are very good filters but quite expensive, that one cost 200 euros maybe (I d'ont remember) , it is a 95mm filter with a reducer for the 82 mm TSE 24, I used these filters on Hasselblad before

I have done a series of these long exposures in the streets, this is the way I lke peoples in photography : ghost or very very smalls ... as we truly are
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Simply beautiful.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2010
    thank you