Options

New territory: Boudoir (NSFW)

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited September 7, 2010 in Go Figure
*photos removed as scheduled* *Photos put back for a limited time only, though I can't remember which ones I put up, so you might see some different ones.* *Photos removed...again, Sorry. PM me if you need a private viewing*

Ok, so I confess it is pushing me to post in gofigure. So don't laugh at one of my first attempts at shooting these! :D But... I would really appreciate some opinions on the poses and processing.

(Gal # 2)

And a car wash theme.... we did the best we could in the bright bright sunlight. I wasn't planning on shooting outside so only had a little bitty 30 inch reflector to make some shade.

C & C = me + :D

By the way... the girls asked me to only post these for a couple days so their family doesn't stumble across them. So on Tuesday I'll have to remove the photos. Sorry about that, but understandable.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2010
    Heather, looks pretty good! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited May 9, 2010
    Thanks Nikolai! :D
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    What a pretty, pretty Gal!

I just laughed out loud at the Bubble-gum HW..Very Cute!

And the car wash shot is a real Charmer~

In Numba 4, I think it'd worked well topless with arm across. I tend to appreciate naked, but not showing 'bits' shots most of all!

5. Lots of folks say cupping the brests is cliche, but I usually like it, I am not too fond of this interpretaiton, but interestingly, due to the pose and her endowment, she almost makes a heart shape...which is nice~

The processing was the first thing I noticed right after I noticed how cute the gal was...I like the processing secondary to several of your poses here.

And You did a mighty fine job of using that Bright,bright light in the last one too~and her chin down pose is enticing!!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2010
    Thanks Angevin for the detailed responses. Actually there were two different ladies in the photos, but both are very pretty!
    I wish I had replied to your comments earlier, because I have to take the photos down today... bummer.

The car wash shots were super fun.... The two girls sort of played off of each other, so that was helpful for posing since one had zero idea of how to make her body look sexy... she is getting married this weekend and will figure it out pretty soon!
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    *shakes fist* missed them!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    Thanks Angevin for the detailed responses. Actually there were two different ladies in the photos, but both are very pretty!
    I wish I had replied to your comments earlier, because I have to take the photos down today... bummer.

The car wash shots were super fun.... The two girls sort of played off of each other, so that was helpful for posing since one had zero idea of how to make her body look sexy... she is getting married this weekend and will figure it out pretty soon!

BUMMER is right! In my minds eye I can see there were two, but only a different gal in the Car Wash scene....and now I get how that simple chin down caused her to look so different..:D..Geees, another reason I am not a cop...Or was I unconsciously stereotyping...."all those pretty gals look the same...eek7.gif

And Yeah Daniel, Ya missed it d00d!rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif We're talking cuties! Clothes, no clothes...I'm a sucker for a winning smile and attitude!
    tom wise
  • Options
    RobertkRobertk Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    :-(
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Wait whaaaatttt? I missed the pics??????? :cry :(: :nah :oogle :bash :hack
  • Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Sure you can't convince your models to allow a short repost? I always hate getting to threads like these and seeing the photos gone. I know it's to fill a client's wishes, but man is it frustrating that I can't be in front of DGrin 24/7...If only I was Andy! rolleyes1.gif

Hopefully we can get a second shot at seeing those photos!

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    Ok... stay tuned... I'll put them up again but for a limited time again.... Sorry to bug everyone!
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    Suddenly I feel the need to get in my car and drive to Alaska for a car wash! Geese girl, these are HOT!!!! You really nailed it here. I'm diggin them all... bubblegum feels pin-up, hat feels clockwork orange and yeah... I really want a carwash! Which one is the shy one?

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2010
    OMG! OMG! OMG!! You're kidding riiight??? Heather, those are FANTASTIC!!!!!! clap.gifclapclap.gif

I'm blown away. I bet their guys liked them too (lol3.gif) BEAUTIFUL, in every possible way!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Which one is the shy one?

Matt

Girl #2... though she was married 2 weeks ago, and I bet she isn't quite as shy any more, lol. mwink.gif The car wash part was where we used Girl #1 to pose behind me to have Girl #2 copy. It worked well, since she had NO CLUE how to look sexy.

It was fun since we spent about 4 hours... and played really. Ideas would grow from a "lets try this"... "and add this"... "and this"... and it would end up way cooler than we started.
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    OMG! OMG! OMG!! You're kidding riiight??? Heather, those are FANTASTIC!!!!!! clap.gifclapclap.gif

I'm blown away. I bet their guys liked them too (lol3.gif) BEAUTIFUL, in every possible way!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I know Gal #1's hubby loved hers. (Esp the suds and car wash stuff...) We did a boudoir session for her about 3 years ago, and my skills and her skills have certainly improved in that time. She has style, and I learned about lighting, lol.

I don't know if Gal #2 has given hers to her hubby yet... something about an anniversary of the day they met...
  • Options
    vinovino Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    I especially liked the 'pin up' look... nicely done.
    The eyes in #4 slay me, really nice focus and great light.
    I'm glad I caught them in repost!
  • Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Heather, thanks for reposting these! I'm so glad I asked, these are as phenomenal as I expected! :D

I love #1 and #3 the best, I'm taking notes to use in my next boudoir session!

Always a joy seeing your work, I hope to see your work here again! :D

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Options
    codiac2600codiac2600 Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    Hmmm... I'm going to have to go against the crowd here.

In my honest opinion I feel that you've missed something important about boudoir photography and that you only have one image that can even be considered that style in all of the images presented. Boudoir by definition is an area in which a woman could go for privacy like a powder room or bedroom. There she would adjust herself and sit quietly or even act less "proper". The image on the bed fits that bill while all the rest but one other is technically pinup as it women in the act being caught looking sexy.

Now apart from technicalities you have some things that do take away slightly from some of the images.

Image #3 the smile is forced and actually comes off as she really isn't happy.

Image #4 suffers from bad hand positioning. The cupping of the breasts isn't the most flattering nor natural. Try rest one arm across them or using a blanket to slightly cover, but not cupping.

Other than that you succeeded very well in capturing beautiful woman acting sexy and their perspective loved ones will enjoy these immensely.
    -Chris :)
    http://simplyphotostudio.com
    http://decayedbeauty.com
  • Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    I don't see crap.
  • Options
    DwayneCDwayneC Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    hate I missed it:-/
  • Options