Options

>> vote for challenge 44 winner <<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited August 11, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
finalists chosen by nir and andy. matched on 7/10.

lynnma - tasty? are you kidding...
29968210-L.jpg

ltsdesignphoto - entry
31400341-L.jpg

ehughes - mmm flies
30047926-L.jpg

tristanp - depends on who you're talking to...
bug_snack.jpg

pixy delights - higgmeister
47264177.jpg

a brat and a beer - kudbegud
31281949-L.jpg

tasty soda pop! - douglas
31342182-L.jpg

evening - dimm
30366106-L-1.jpg

tasty nectar - tmlphoto
30446092-L.jpg

mine! - nee7x7
31057401-L.jpg

please vote for challenge 44 winner 121 votes

lynnma - tasty? are you kidding...
4% 5 votes
ltsdesignphoto - unnamed entry
9% 11 votes
ehughes - mmm flies
28% 35 votes
tristanp - depends on who you're talking to...
5% 7 votes
pixy delights - higgmeister
27% 33 votes
a brat and a beer - kudbegud
2% 3 votes
tasty soda pop! - douglas
10% 13 votes
evening - dimm
8% 10 votes
tasty nectar - tmlphoto
1% 2 votes
mine - nee7x7
1% 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2005
    Fantastic job guys! Photos were all superb! Choosing just 10 was not an easy task.

Congratulations to finalists!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    Another really close one, get your votes in
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2005
    Another close race
    And Ed goes for the pass on the outside lane:D. The last challenge was nerve racking enough and I wasn't even in it. Now I know how Nir and Amunsie felt:duel. I might take up take this up :slosh before it's all over.

OK, I'm just having too much fun here.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    voting closes in about 4 hours
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 11, 2005
    this could use a bump to the top of the new posts list :D

over 200 voters already! and another excellent batch of photos thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    I never know what "time" we are going by to know when this thing is over. The only time I do know is when I have to have my entry in by, that is EDT.

So, what time is it? What time does the closing go by? Why not the same as it starts by? Is it over, if not......................?

ginger

this is quite thrilling. great photos, I think I was the first to vote, too, or close to it.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I never know what "time" we are going by to know when this thing is over. The only time I do know is when I have to have my entry in by, that is EDT.

So, what time is it? What time does the closing go by? Why not the same as it starts by? Is it over, if not......................?

ginger

this is quite thrilling. great photos, I think I was the first to vote, too, or close to it.

ginger, it's right on the front page of the voting thread:

31798307-L.jpg

fyi: the voting is always 72 hours after i post the voting thread deal.gif
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    Uh, to make it simpler, could you please put like EDT, MST, whatever time zone?

Please, I can read the other, but 72 hrs, well, OK, but since you go to the rest of the work, why not just add the time zone? You do that with the time to have the entries in.

Just my 2 cents.............

I do appreciate all the work you do, was just curious, and when I have been ahead, I have been more than curious.

ginger
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    At the top of the thread on my computer it is 10 something that it is over, now you just posted 2 something.................

? View Poll Results: please vote for challenge 44 winner This poll will close on 08-11-2005 at 10:54 AM

mod edit: ginger, i edited your post, becuse you placed the poll results in your post ... please, that's a :nono
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Uh, to make it simpler, could you please put like EDT, MST, whatever time zone?

Please, I can read the other, but 72 hrs, well, OK, but since you go to the rest of the work, why not just add the time zone? You do that with the time to have the entries in.

Just my 2 cents.............

I do appreciate all the work you do, was just curious, and when I have been ahead, I have been more than curious.

ginger

why not add the time zone? becuase it's already there ginger, in each and ever voting post. i don't know how much simpler it could be.... it says it closes at 2:54 pm, and that's in *your* timezone. for folks on the west coast of u.s., if they've properly entered their timezone in usercp>edit options then the time would say 11:54 am
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    why not add the time zone? becuase it's already there ginger, in each and ever voting post. i don't know how much simpler it could be.... it says it closes at 2:54 pm, and that's in *your* timezone. for folks on the west coast of u.s., if they've properly entered their timezone in usercp>edit options then the time would say 11:54 am
    whatever
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    whatever

ok ginger, whatever. i'm only trying to point out that the info is already there, and that it's in your time zone, so long as you've set gmt -5hrs in your usercp>options. i don't honestly know what else i can do to help here.

cheers
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    At the top of the thread on my computer it is 10 something that it is over, now you just posted 2 something.

That's probably because Andy and you have their Dgrin set up for different timezones. It's 2 something in his timezone, it's 10 something in your timezone. And what do you know: it's 8 something in my timezone. What you see is what you get: you see the deadline in the timezone you set up! Isn't that schweet?
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    At the top of the thread on my computer it is 10 something that it is over, now you just posted 2 something.................

?

ginger as i said in my other reply, please go to usercp, options, and put your correct timezone in (gmt -5hrs, u.s. eastern time zone) ... this is something you should always check when using programs that are time sensitive... most software apps have a timezone function... that way, the time shows properly for you, me, dee, gubbs and gus - all around the globe :D

cheers
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2005
    marlof wrote:
    That's probably because Andy and you have their Dgrin set up for different timezones. It's 2 something in his timezone, it's 10 something in your timezone. And what do you know: it's 8 something in my timezone. What you see is what you get: you see the deadline in the timezone you set up! Isn't that schweet?
    yabbut - ginger on on the east coast of the u.s., so she's got to change it :D
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    yabbut - ginger on on the east coast of the u.s., so she's got to change it :D

maybe she longs to be in the timezone she set up? what would that be? russia? ne_nau.gif

hey g, you mean those beautiful marshes weren't from the East Coast at all? waddayaknow. :):
    enjoy being here while getting there