Options

Creating galleries VERY VERY sluggish.

RistyzRistyz Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited January 11, 2012 in SmugMug Support
as in so sluggish I can tell it to create a new gallery and then go and prepare in PS all the images for that gallery (10-20) and still it isn't ready for naming, etc. Once in a while it will give me a gateway timeout page.

Mac OSX.5 on a newer tower, I am having the same issue in Firefox, Safari and Camino so the issue crosses browsers. once created, the galleries upload at warp speed so I don't think it is my connection.

Also slow is the "set prices" button but that has always been historically slow. Creating a gallery has never really been slow. It certainly is killing my productivity, even using two browser windows at once.

any clues? things I should look into? Java is current.

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    I created two galleries today and it took 45s and 50s for the page to show
    after clicking "new gallery". Noticed this other day also.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2010
    Why o why is Smuggy so painfully slow to create a gallery? I'm getting "gateway timeout" over and over both in creating a gallery and in trying to set prices. I have only 2 days to create and fill 175 galleries before my next event and I'll have 100 more galleries to create then and only 3 days before the next event, rinse and repeat. Does anyone out there have any hints to offer yet? (see the first post for my OS and info).

I've been a Smugmug user for a long time now and I've never seen it like this except just before an unscheduled maintenance but this has been going on for weeks now.

Thanks!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    We're still chasing this down, apparently, and trying to figure out why it affects some people and not others. We will figure it out, I've made sure the engineer responsible has seen this.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 15, 2010
    should be all fixed up.thumb.gif
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2010
    AWESOME! I noticed after tonight mini outage everything was speedier, and the entry into set prices was supa fast! I had been communicating with the help desk through the day and I am super happy it was found and thank you so much!

(PS it was in the nick of time too, as I will be changing galleries over like crazy in the next few weeks)

Oh.. and that is about my favorite avatar evah!

bigwebguy wrote: »
    should be all fixed up.thumb.gif
  • Options
    ArthurIhdeArthurIhde Banned Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 15, 2010
    Computer have been poisoned? smile.gif
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2012
    Hey Andy & bwg,

It's doing it again. Smuggy is being very slow to create a gallery, set prices or go to the sales history (It goes supa fast from the email notifications) from the tools menu, there might be other things too but those are the ones I notice regularly. It's not nearly as slow as it was the last time I had these issues, at least I haven't gotten any gateway timeouts yet. Just a heads up in case whatever it was last time needs looked at again.

Thanks!