Options

second shotted | july wedding

marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited September 9, 2010 in Weddings
July was kind of a rainy month. Luckily the ceremony was only a hop, skip away from the reception hall, and they provided umbrellas for that short walk outside.

The gallery is here: http://bit.ly/cpIz5D

I tried some fancy storyboard style layout too - what do you think?

(And again I apologize that I do not have permission to post the photos outside blogging them.)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 5, 2010
    Oh, another question: does it seem like the photos of the bride and groom look posed?
  • Options
    mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    I don't think so, but what's up with the one pic that they are about to kiss with cheeks all puffed out? I would also crop the pic with the girl sitting on the chair twisted looking back to the left.
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2010
    Hi, Mayassa:

What don't you like about the shot with his cheek puffed out? Also, how would you crop the other shot? Same aspect ratio just tighter? Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Kris,
    I just don't think puffy cheeks look to good for a wedding shoot, it is not a normal part of a kiss or not endearing. The other pic I'd at least crop out the gut on the left and what really bother me is the left arm on her the wrinkles by her dress and by where her arm meets her torso you could try to blur the area a bit.

Rick
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2010
    Kris, I just love your work - your shots have such a wonderful energy to them (for want of a better word)!

I think the chipmunk-kiss is cute as part of a set; I certainly wouldn't want it as a standalone but I think it's kind of fun alongside the others (although I'd like to see a 3rd "normal" kiss shot in that grouping as well to make up the whole range).

My favorite is 4th row down, where the focus is on the flowers - light and processing in that are yummy, and the atypical crop works for me there :D
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    Man, I just love your style and I am absolutely loving watching you grow (so fast and so strong!). You're an inspiration!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2010
    Rick,

Thank you, I will keep what you said in mind.
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2010
    Diva,

I think you are right right about having a 3rd kiss shot to balance that range of shots. I might just pull them out from that panel and make a separate triptych.

And thank you :) I was worried someone will say my photos were too sad because of the first two shots! The flower girl definitely looked sad for most of the prep shots, for some reason -_-
  • Options
    edited September 9, 2010
    Kinkajou,

To quote Jasmine Star from her Creative Live wedding, "Thank you thank you thank you!"

Hehe, I don't think I'm worthy of such praise, but I will say that second shooting for so many fabulous photographers has helped tremendously!