Options

Quick print size question

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited September 10, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Have someone interested in purchasing a print.
Size of the image is 3304x2272
She is requesting a 16x20 print. Would there be any issues in printing this image at that size? I'm planning to use WHCC which I use for all my prints but have only printed this one at 11x14 so far.
Thanks,
E

Comments

• Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    indiegirl wrote: »

Thanks!
    I always forget to check the help page headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    E.Oren........down load a trial of Genuine Fractals after install...then go to image size and change the dpi to 300
    (the only box to have checked is constrain proportion)....now open GF...normally under file then down the list to automate,
    open GF then change the size to 16x20 or larger 32x40 or 64x80 and clik apply if it looks good.....if you do not apply it does not count as a use....
    then send that file to WHCC.......mine even off a 6mp cam look fantastic of course I constant ly use GF and just upgraded from 4 to 6 in the last month.

Edit: to give reason why I process this way.......I sold an image many years ago to an interior decorator with an art degree....but within a few emails
    I found this person did not know what viewing distance meant...so I expalined it to the decorator....and right then decided that my work would need
    zero viewing distance...so that it would look as good as a 30 x 40 or 40 x60 as it would as an 8x10......since an 8x10 needs no real viewing distance to
    make it look really good............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Have someone interested in purchasing a print.
    Size of the image is 3304x2272
    She is requesting a 16x20 print. Would there be any issues in printing this image at that size? I'm planning to use WHCC which I use for all my prints but have only printed this one at 11x14 so far.
    Thanks,
    E

This type of question is really open ended. It depends on a number of variables. The short answer is at 20" on the long end your looking at 165 ppi. This is a little light for my taste but could still print out well.

The key factor is the quality of the image, viewing distance, type of image, and paper type / canvas, etc.

You need to give it a try and get it printed. If the print shows issues reprocess and correct the issues.

Sam