Options

Hey Pro Users

Cascade CreekCascade Creek Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited September 11, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Howdy,

I found this forum from smugmug. I created a pro account because I like the ability to put a price with the picture. I know that sounds elementary, but I like that option if anyone ever decides they like my work enough to buy anything.

Now to my question.

I have read up on the do's and dont's so I am off and running. I do have a little nagging issue that I was hoping you could help me out with. That issue is a watermark. I have read that some photoshop created watermarks can be easily removed.

How do you pro's create your watermarks? I know that locks only keep honest folks honest, and any watermark could be compromised, but I would like to hear what you do.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    thaKingthaKing Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2010
    created in PS...like you said, it only keeps honest folks honest...if it's on the Internet, folks can/will find a way to "steal" it...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2010
    Mine are large, positioned dead center of the pix and I catch
    guff from a few viewers due to this, but have been applauded
    by a few publishing companies that have purchased from me.

Created in Ps as a png on a transparent background.

Watermarks do no good when they are sitting right on or very near an edge
    as that allows for easy crop removal.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2010
    SmugMug Proof watermark or multiple urls like this.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery