Options

Shoreline West Bicycle Tour

amunsieamunsie Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited August 12, 2005 in Sports
I had a great opportunity to accompany by brother-in-law Dave Sheldon and his friend Gary Braun for a couple days during the League of Michigan Bicyclists' Shoreline West Bike Tour. It started in Traverse City and over the next seven days, they rode all the way up to Mackinaw City. That's 569 miles if you did the whole ride.

Here are a couple shots from the day:

31636828-L.jpg

31704057-L.jpg

31704110-L.jpg

All taken with an Olympus E1, 50-200mm Zoom
Macs Rule, Wintels drool

www.photograpbybywoodrock.com

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 11, 2005
    Kewl shots thumb.gifthumb.gif

I like the last one. He looks like I'd picture myself looking while riding rolleyes1.gif What's the rush? The road ain't goin' nowhere lol3.gif

The light looks like it was pretty harsh. IMHO, you did a good job despite it clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,206 moderator
    edited August 11, 2005
    They're a great bunch of people
    We did one of the Tri-County Bike Club's tours a few weeks back. We were impressed with all the cyclists, and scenery. Best part was staying at Pentwater for a couple evenings. I had never rode with a flag before, but it sure made it easy to pick out someone in your group, no matter where they were. Nobody locks their bikes (or cars or houses) there. Coming from the Chicago area, that part seemed odd.

Your tour was more scenic, judging by the maps, as it was more along the lake; while ours was mostly inland. Did you complete the 4, 7 or 8 day option?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    amunsieamunsie Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    Steve Cavigliano wrote:
    Kewl shots thumb.gifthumb.gif

I like the last one. He looks like I'd picture myself looking while riding rolleyes1.gif What's the rush? The road ain't goin' nowhere lol3.gif

The light looks like it was pretty harsh. IMHO, you did a good job despite it clap.gif
    Thanks! Yes, the light was pretty harsh. By the time these shots were clicked off it was around 11AM, with a nearly cloudless sky. The polarizer helped a little, but things were very contrasty between the sun and shadows.

David_S85 wrote:
    Your tour was more scenic, judging by the maps, as it was more along the lake; while ours was mostly inland. Did you complete the 4, 7 or 8 day option?
    Actually I chickened out on the riding eek7.gif . But, I'm going to work up to it for next year. My brother-in-law and his buddy did the whole 8 days.
    Macs Rule, Wintels drool

www.photograpbybywoodrock.com