Options

Well... since I have a few minutes... (Wedding photos)

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited September 15, 2010 in Weddings
Freshly uploaded... these photos of Danika and Jonathan are from two weekends ago.

912034201_qWeeM-XL.jpg

2. The Rolls.... A really sweet guy we didn't even know approached us at the hotel and offered to allow the couple to pose by his really cherry Rolls Royce. Sweet, I say! :lust I even sat in it for a bit....

911983748_eXm7B-XL.jpg

911985190_CbxZd-XL.jpg

4. I just loved the zig-zag path. Makes me want to buy a truckload of gravel.
911974994_Y6r6i-XL.jpg

911972344_dkYEd-XL.jpg

6. I think this is my favorite kiss photo yet. I love the bridesmaids' expressions! :lust

911963614_odCmt-XL.jpg

New take on an old theme:

912006735_pobb8-M.jpg912467084_D2ZEB-L.jpg

Since my time for sharing pics on here is up, I'll just throw in links to the slideshows... with a bit of video thrown in for fun.

Part 1 (Bride & Groom prep; Ceremony)

Part 2 (I like this one better since it has the b & g photos and a fun reception)

C&C always appreciated! :lust

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    Beautiful as always. I have nothing (bad) to say, haha!

Love the first one, love the RR shot (hope you got his contact info so you can send him a pic), love the zig-zig path (good eye!!) and I love the kissy shot.

Beautiful!! clap.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    #3 bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Yup. I still want to be you when I grow up. :D
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2010
    I think one of these days you should surprise us and post some of your bad pics (if you have ANY!) ... just so we don't think you're one of those perfect aliens.:s85
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    Heather,

Not that I have much clout to comment but these are AWESOME!

Also wanted to note though I am sure you already know about it: In animoto you can chose to embed a slideshow with High Quality as the default since most noobs wont know to switch to high res.

Your pics in the SS look soooooo good in HR.

Kudos to you!!thumb.gif
  • Options
    run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    While the overall awesomeness is obvious, I want to mention the colors, especially the greens. They're gorgeous, very Velvia-like.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2010
    1 and 5

awesome!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2010
    Bsimon wrote: »
    Heather,

Not that I have much clout to comment but these are AWESOME!

Also wanted to note though I am sure you already know about it: In animoto you can chose to embed a slideshow with High Quality as the default since most noobs wont know to switch to high res.

Your pics in the SS look soooooo good in HR.

Kudos to you!!thumb.gif

REALLY!? How do you do that? I just put instructions wherever I embeded it telling viewers to hit HQ, but cool to have it already done for them! As a relative newb to Animoto....... shed some light! :D (please!)
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    one of those perfect aliens.:s85
    Speaking of perfect Aliens...
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2010
    Speaking of perfect Aliens...

Aaaahhhhhahahaha! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    Totally Nuts!!

The reflections in the car on 3 are sweet~

Nice set and setting~
    tom wise
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    How is it possible that your photos get more amazing the more you post? Brilliant images.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    Heather,

When you are getting the code to embed your slideshow there are options at the bottom of that page. I think they call it preffs but you ought to be able to find it now you know its there. It has been a few months since I have done it.

When you start them at hq there is still an option for the client to make it low res if they have a crummy connection.

Hope this helps!

Ben
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    Slow down there chika... you're gonna make the rest of of think we suck! Mighty fine work, and you didn't even have to show your mountains!

Seriously though Heather, you really nailed it here. Just brilliant use of your surroundings. Now that I say that I think that may really be the key to your awesomeness! A good eye is one thing but you seem to have a very strong outward vision. Pretty good tallent to have for an Alaska girl. The car shots are the bomb, and this bride is a total hottie. Great work.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    How does someone from a state with the total population less than a small city in the lower 48, get to be soooo good?

I noticed you shot some of the outdoor images at small aperatures with higher ISO's to maintain shutter speed. I would have never thought of that.

Your posing, composition, and post processing combine to create not only a record of the day but a wonderful keepsake.

The only problem I saw was with the slide shows. They seemed, at least to me, to transition way to fast from image to image, and I was not able to hear any sound?

Sam
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2010
    Sam wrote: »

I noticed you shot some of the outdoor images at small aperatures with higher ISO's to maintain shutter speed. I would have never thought of that.

Sam

Haha... you weren't supposed to notice that! A mistake really... for that little bit... It was an overcast day, but not overcast enough to merrit that high of an ISO. I had just come outside after shooting in an elevator with practically no ambient and spaced changing the ISO for about 5 minutes... (#s 4 & 5) but at least I had the exposure nailed close enough that they aren't all that noisy. When I was processing and rememebered what I did, I held my breath until I got past the high ISO ones.

Can you believe #1 is at 3200 ISO? That was something I did for this wedding that I haven't ever really done before... I embraced the high ISO's without reservation (especially through the reception since it was super dark) and the MKII performed way beyond what I expected.

This one is at ISO 6400 (35mm 1.4 1/200th) ... which is reaaaally pushing it. But it did so well... I didn't even run noise ninja on it.
    912003837_Pse5J-L.jpg

I wonder where the sound went for you on the slideshow. Were your speakers turned on? (I keep mine off unless I am listening to something)
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    Faaaaantastic clap.gif
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2010
    Such sharp, rich images. Your composition is amazing, very lovely.
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2010
    Damn....just damn.

...and by that I mean super fantastically well done in an amazingly phenominal way.

:Dclap.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2010
    Heather posted:

"I wonder where the sound went for you on the slideshow. Were your speakers turned on? (I keep mine off unless I am listening to something)"

OK I will confess, but you have to promise not to tell anyone!

I looked into the lack of sound and after 1/2 hour or so of software adjustments, rebooting, tracing all wires, I somehow stumbled on a funny little key pad on the top row of my Mac key board.

It is a mute button!!! Who knew!!!!headscratch.gif

Sam
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2010
    Amazing shots. I really like them. I especially like the RED flowers in #5 and the pop of the red shoe against the Rolls.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    AnimotoBeckyAnimotoBecky Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Hi Heather,

Here's the low-down on Embeds:

http://www.youtube.com/animotosupport#p/u/4/0t8MLGU2Ys0

Let us know if you have any questions.
    REALLY!? How do you do that? I just put instructions wherever I embeded it telling viewers to hit HQ, but cool to have it already done for them! As a relative newb to Animoto....... shed some light! :D (please!)
    Animoto Pro now has $39 Trial Pricing:
    http://animoto.com/photography/upgrade
    Pro-Exclusive Styles are here:
    http://animoto.com/photography/elegance

• Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    Heather, you are becoming quite the photographer. I always enjoy your work. Never miss a post, if I can help it. I know you love the high ISO capability of the MK II. I'm waiting for the next Nikon offering...just sold one of my D300's which do pretty good at 3200, but it doesn't take much of an exposure error and you're working you butt off trying to get the noise out. Not to mention full frame...and a few more pixels.

Keep'em coming.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    As usual - awesome and inspiring. wings.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    Cascade CreekCascade Creek Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2010
    Very nice indeed. Good Job!!
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2010
    Another wonderful set. I love #'s 3 (the red shoe and the reflection in the fender are awesome) & 5 (her expression is priceless)
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    edited September 10, 2010
    Thanks to whoever recussitated this thread... It is fun to go back and look at what I did earlier in the summer. A super fun wedding with a super sweet bride.
    Update, about the Rolls man... He did contact me and I gave him some free prints out of the deal... so that was fun.

One of these days I'll post a new thread with some of the other work I have been doing... (if I ever get closer to caught up on this editing....I feel like the mouse is glued to my hand.)

Thanks for the comments guys! I love sweet words! Makes my day!
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    How did I miss this thread the first time around?? AMAZING!!..as usual. And where on earth did you find that pretty alien with such a cute baby??rolleyes1.gifI guess I need to visit Alaska.headscratch.gif