Options

Ran across this on Face

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited September 15, 2010 in Finishing School
Has anyone tried or currently using this software........ http://www.photoeditx.com/

Right now it is selling for $47....the videos look pretty amazing......I am so invested into Adobe tho
That I am not looking to try any else out........But thought for some of the people that have been asking
for something less expensive than Photoshop....it might be worth while........................
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,852 moderator
    edited September 15, 2010
    This appears to be GIMP based (GIMP is open source and freeware) and it is not clear what value PhotoEditorX adds to GIMP. If it is a GIMP addon then it is limited to 8 bit processing and no real color management.

I suggest trying GIMP for free first and, if GIMP is not for you, most likely PhotoEditorX will not be for you either.

http://www.gimp.org/
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    For cheap-as-free software, in addition to The Gimp, there's also Photoscape (free, powerful, somewhat klutzy interface), and Optik Verve's Virtual Studio and Virtual Photographer. Paint.NET I haven't checked out in a while, but at the rate it was going not long ago, it's probably surpassed Photoshop by now. :lol
  • Options
    racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    Yes, it is GIMP, that is free software. I read threw it all and pretty much it is just GIMP with some youtube quality how to videos thrown in for $47. Since they are not allowed to charge people for GIMP, they add the how to material and charge you $47 for that. They are clever people, pretty much making $47 off of hardly nothing, with a program they didnt design that is freewear. The world is full of suckers who fall for that kind of stuff
    Todd - My Photos