Atlanta Photographers????

13»

Comments

• gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    ga gtg
    im here and ready for a gtg soon. im located in cedartown georgia and shoot berry college almost every weekend. had a great time at the berry gtg with rex and the others. got some great pics but have alot to learn. keep me posted
  • EMCEMC Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    I would be interested in something around the airport or south side....if it's an option.
  • t-revt-rev Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    Good Camera Shop in Atlanta?
    I'm going to purchase the 50D when it comes in the next few weeks and want to know what camera shop I should visit? I've got a few Wolf Cameras around, are there any other great shops around. I'm going to need the whole set up (camera, bag, tripod, CF cards, filters) so I want to know where best to look. When I was in Minnesota we had National Camera Exchange which was great.
  • rldawsonrldawson Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 24, 2008
    t-rev wrote:
    I'm going to purchase the 50D when it comes in the next few weeks and want to know what camera shop I should visit? I've got a few Wolf Cameras around, are there any other great shops around. I'm going to need the whole set up (camera, bag, tripod, CF cards, filters) so I want to know where best to look. When I was in Minnesota we had National Camera Exchange which was great.

Honestly, I think you would do better to order it from a mail-order house like B & H or Adorama. They'll likely have better pricing that what you would get locally.

If you a set on having your camera from a local store there is showcase camera in Atlanta and KEH over towards Stone Mountain.

I'm in a toss-up on whether I want to get the 50D or the new 5D Mk II

Richard
  • t-revt-rev Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    rldawson wrote:
    Honestly, I think you would do better to order it from a mail-order house like B & H or Adorama. They'll likely have better pricing that what you would get locally.

If you a set on having your camera from a local store there is showcase camera in Atlanta and KEH over towards Stone Mountain.

I'm in a toss-up on whether I want to get the 50D or the new 5D Mk II

Richard

Thanks for the info, I'm going to be limited on time. I'm leaving for Spain and France on the 14th so I'd like to get in my hands as early as possible to make sure I have it all figured out. I'll check those places out.
  • xenonsupraxenonsupra Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    t-rev wrote:
    Thanks for the info, I'm going to be limited on time. I'm leaving for Spain and France on the 14th so I'd like to get in my hands as early as possible to make sure I have it all figured out. I'll check those places out.

If any atlanta photographers want to join me and some friends on Saturday night we are going to walk around and snap some night pictures.

All are welcome!

More info here: http://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=191092
  • ArleneDArleneD Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 11, 2008
    Atlanta Resident
    Kevin G wrote:
    Anyone here from Atlanta? My friend and I are looking for shooting partners.
    Hi Kevin, I just joined and live in the Marietta area off 75. Are you still looking for extra shooters? Please check out my website and give me a shout. Thanks. www.arlenedicks.net
  • ArleneDArleneD Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 11, 2008
    Marietta in the house
    DonnaLu wrote:
    I'd love to meet some ATL shooters. Think you could handle having an enthusiastic old broad join in? If y'all can nail down a place & time on Saturdays, let me know. Apr26 is reserved for my Vegas wedding, though.

My 6 week old D300 & Sigma 10-20 haven't even been used yet. :cry
    Hi Donna - just joined and I'm located in the Marietta area. Are you shooting a Vegas wedding or is it your wedding? In any event - good luck! By the way, would love to get the D300 - Christmas is coming so who knows. Also looking for anyone in need of a second shooter.
  • James SJames S Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    I am off work all next week and have everyday except Monday available. If anyone wants to meet early at Fort Mountain or Berry College then just shoot me a message.
  • like2learnlike2learn Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2008
    Thread revival is the name of this game. Just trying to get this going again for atlanta area folks.

and t-rev, if you're still looking, you might try www.keh.com

I think they are in atlanta and can have pretty good deals and will buy your gear if you're interested in trading up.

anything else going on atlanta folks?
    edited December 12, 2008
    like2learn wrote:
    Thread revival is the name of this game. Just trying to get this going again for atlanta area folks.

and t-rev, if you're still looking, you might try www.keh.com

I think they are in atlanta and can have pretty good deals and will buy your gear if you're interested in trading up.

anything else going on atlanta folks?
    im always up for some shooting. im off every weekend and most fridays. please let me know when and where
    wings.gif
    edited December 12, 2008
    Anyone knows I am always game as well. Plenty of weekdays off to shoot. Just let me know.
  • sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2009
    I just found this thread. I am sort of new to this site. Who knows.... maybe I might be free when you have future gtg's
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
    edited January 27, 2009
    I just found this thread. I am sort of new to this site. Who knows.... maybe I might be free when you have future gtg's
    im game for anything or a gtg just let me know when and where
  • femsistafemsista Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    James S wrote:
    I plan on going out to Berry College early Monday morning. March 10th. If anyone wants to meet then shoot me a pm.

I plan on being there at or before 6am. Wanna get some wildlife shots.

I am in Metro Atlanta. Gwinnett County
    "Don't Let A Moment Pass You By"
    Alicia Holman Photography
    Family and Children's Photographer: Gwinnett County, GA
    www.aliciaholmanphotography.com
    edited March 3, 2009
    So you ready to go shoot Berry college one morning?
  • femsistafemsista Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    Berry college is a beautiful campus. I haven't been out there since I went college shopping about 10 yrs ago. I remember taking photos that day too.
    "Don't Let A Moment Pass You By"
    Alicia Holman Photography
    Family and Children's Photographer: Gwinnett County, GA
    www.aliciaholmanphotography.com
  • AtlPikManAtlPikMan Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited August 25, 2009
  • like2learnlike2learn Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Reviving this thread again although I have little time to shoot. Maybe there will be some responses and I'll get motivated?

Anyone?
    edited December 17, 2009
    Going up to Rock City...
    Hey Folks,
    I'm putting together a group to go up to Rock City (Lookout Mtn) on Sunday. We're planning on meeting in Chat. for dinner then on to the light show. The folks I'm taking aren't photographers, but this might be a nice outing for some photography. I'll have mine with me. :ivar

Richard
  • AtlPikManAtlPikMan Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    Bumping this thread for the Big 2 0 1 0. Anyone in ATL still own a camera?
    edited February 18, 2010
    Atlanta Photographers
    There are a bunch of folks still around. I think a bunch have gone up to Vancouver for the Olympics. Others have been working steadily and posting in other places.

AtlPikMan wrote:
    Bumping this thread for the Big 2 0 1 0. Anyone in ATL still own a camera?
  • gambgamb Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2010
    I'm new here. I live just north of Buckhead near Chastain