Options

Would you add more PP to this?

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited September 20, 2010 in Weddings
Hi to all! This is from my first wedding and this room was my biggest challenge. I posted a few images a while back and remarked at how I was upset that I felt ill that day and for the next 3 weeks...my DR told me I have Diabetes and had no trace of a few vital vitamins in my blood. Now I am feeling much better and ready to tackle even my less than great shots from the wedding.
I tweaked this a bit in PS Raw, I purposely gave it a pinkish tint, but I am not using my monitor.....

Does this need more PP? What would you do with this image? I know it is less than great but it is what I got from that room.
Thanks in advance!!!!

1012295660_onAfw-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2010
    Probably not. What more are you trying to accomplish with this photo? My general feeling is that PP does not make an average photo great, but can make an average photo worse.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    Hi Trudy! Sorry to hear about that .... hope you are feeling better! iloveyou.gif

*I* would just brighten it up a bit + definitely lose that bright vignette (In fact I would stay away from white vignettes ne_nau.gif)

Here's what I'd do:
    >> Edit ... yiikes, that didn't come out the way I wanted (must be because of the size of the photo). Uhm, ok, I wouldn't go quite as bright, but brightER than what you did >> Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    Probably not. What more are you trying to accomplish with this photo? My general feeling is that PP does not make an average photo great, but can make an average photo worse.

I usually go too far in PP, and in this case I didn't do much but I wanted to make the image the best it could be all things considered.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    I agree with Angie- it needs to be brighter and maybe a little more contrast.
  • Options
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Hi Trudy! Sorry to hear about that .... hope you are feeling better! iloveyou.gif

*I* would just brighten it up a bit + definitely lose that bright vignette (In fact I would stay away from white vignettes ne_nau.gif)

Here's what I'd do:
    >> Edit ... yiikes, that didn't come out the way I wanted (must be because of the size of the photo). Uhm, ok, I wouldn't go quite as bright, but brightER than what you did >> Just my 2 cents

Thank you Angie! I was hoping you would jump in.

That image was darker than I realized when I started to lighten it ne_nau.gif
    I'll redo the final without the vignette, but is this more like it? I love your style, I want to push the brightness like you would.
    And thanks for asking about me, I am feeling much better!!wings.gif

1012758195_tzuCy-L.jpg
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    regarding the original..about 1/4 stop more exposure and lose the white vignette and put slight regular vignette imo. I don't think I have ever seen a white vignette that actually adds to the shot.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2010
    Unless they're ordering a print, I would deliver it just like this. This is un-edited, right? Or wait, since you're saying "more" PP, is there an original?

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    Lighter and brighter definitely.

1013570896_2qbcy-L.jpg

Or good ol' B&W
    1013570909_3TEUv-O.jpg
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    Qarik wrote: »
    regarding the original..about 1/4 stop more exposure and lose the white vignette and put slight regular vignette imo. I don't think I have ever seen a white vignette that actually adds to the shot.

Thank you Qarik, I will cross the white vignette off my list forever !
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Unless they're ordering a print, I would deliver it just like this. This is un-edited, right? Or wait, since you're saying "more" PP, is there an original?

=Matt=

This is not the original, this had some Lighroom processing. My bride will be getting a CD of images that are ready to print, so this needs to be ready to go.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    I agree with Angie- it needs to be brighter and maybe a little more contrast.

Thanks Caroline!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    ShepsMom wrote: »
    Lighter and brighter definitely.

1013570896_2qbcy-L.jpg

Or good ol' B&W
    1013570909_3TEUv-O.jpg

Thanks Marina, I like both of these versions. This room and this part of the entire wedding was my biggest challenge, I am not trusting my own eyes with the finished product and I am so glad I asked for advice here!!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Nothing to add, but glad your feeling better!!

Sam
  • Options
    Sam wrote: »
    Nothing to add, but glad your feeling better!!

Sam

Thank you so much SAM!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2010
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    This is not the original, this had some Lighroom processing. My bride will be getting a CD of images that are ready to print, so this needs to be ready to go.
    As long as you're doing the math on how many hours you spend photoshopping it all, and are making a decent wage, then that's fine. Personally, I don't think it is a viable long-term business model.

I still might print the image as it was, though, but that's just me being lazy, since I "proof" (lightly process) 20,000 images per year, more or less... Of course I guess I might have just bumped the brightness up in the first place during the original correction.

Take care,
    =Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum