Options

Wedding 26 June 2010 - Zivile & Gediminas

Aleksandras BabiciusAleksandras Babicius Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
edited September 24, 2010 in Weddings

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2010
    Brilliant and amazing work as always!
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    Quite nice as usual.

One suggestion. You have a picture where the groom / husband is caught on camera looking right at the woman in black's ta-tas. You might want to remove this one. Laughing.gif...his wife will notice sooner or later. It's obvious that he's catching a peep.

Thanks for sharing. Just some food for thought.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Beautiful work! Out of curiosity, does the bride and groom meet before the church??

Looking at your images it seems like they met and walked to the church together. This isn't done in the US for a formal church wedding.

I sure would like to shadow you two for a day!!

Sam
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    beautiful work!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Quite nice as usual.

One suggestion. You have a picture where the groom / husband is caught on camera looking right at the woman in black's ta-tas. You might want to remove this one. Laughing.gif...his wife will notice sooner or later. It's obvious that he's catching a peep.

Thanks for sharing. Just some food for thought.
    Being a female, it looks like there are 2 pictures where he "appears" to be sneaking a peak...:oogle
    These are beautiful as always!
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    I can't say much other than, oh snap!! Stellar!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    wow... beautiful work!
    Kristen
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    kyeezie wrote: »
    Being a female, it looks like there are 2 pictures where he "appears" to be sneaking a peak...:oogle
    These are beautiful as always!

OUTSTANDING!
    What an inspiration. Always.

I love how you incorporate the city and its people into the shots.

As to the comment above--He is definately sneaking a peek. Who wouldn't! I even stared, ya can't help yourself, they're so there. Don't know that I would have included that one in the package though rolleyes1.gif.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    Great as always AB!!! Noticed you were using people as foreground blur/secondary subject more in this set. I'm wondering if that was a concious decesion?

matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    Aleksandras, there is one major problem every time you post...... which is I annoy my wife by going on about how much I like you photos, how clean they are, how I would love to get even a fraction as good as you.

Wonderful wonderful series of shots, very impressed as ever!!!

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    Looking at photos like these make me want to give up. No way in a million years could my work rival this. Outstanding job.
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    ows4428 wrote: »
    Looking at photos like these make me want to give up. No way in a million years could my work rival this. Outstanding job.
    But if you give up now, no way in a million years will your work ever be able to rival this :)

Awesome set as usual, Aleksandras! Lighting is always so yummy!
  • Options
    lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    Sam wrote: »
    Beautiful work! Out of curiosity, does the bride and groom meet before the church??

Looking at your images it seems like they met and walked to the church together. This isn't done in the US for a formal church wedding.

I sure would like to shadow you two for a day!!

Sam

Sam,

Most wedding that occur in Eastern Europe aren't even done in a church. Usually the couple meets at home of the bride, where she waits for the groom.Then by some traditions he has to pay to get the bride(old tradition, some do it some don't). Then together with the bridal party, friends, and family, they go to a justice of peace sort of place called zaks(in russian, not sure in how its called in other countries) where they are married. Afterwards the couple with the bridal party travels around the city and take many pictures(photography is huge deal in this culture). They then go to a reception place and party out. For some, a church wedding is also important so they will also travel to church and conduct a church ceremony. Usually after the justice of peace ceremony is concluded. Sometimes these are done on different dates, other times they are on the same day.
    Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what was happening while I lived in Ukraine.
  • Options
    Aleksandras BabiciusAleksandras Babicius Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    Thank you friends for your compliments. Frankly, they inspire me and help in my work. I especially appreciate the opinion of this community.
    Regarding this series of photographs. The wedding was held in Lithuania in Kaunas. This is the bride's hometown. Zivile born and raised in Kaunas. Groom, Gediminas, arrived in time to study in Kaunas. Thus, their paths crossed. They met, became friends. Then they left Lithuania. For several years they lived in another country. But decided to hold a wedding in the city where they met. Their fantasy was to repeat his first meeting. They met before the wedding ceremony at the same place, where was their very first date. I think it was a good idea. I love these romantic people who love pictures with meaning.
  • Options
    tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    I really love your work!!! It is awesome!!

All the photos are so crisp! Awesome!!! You really know what you are doing!
    I want to become as good as you!!!! thumb.gif

Can I ask what type of camera and lense you are using?
    http://www.monicagarrett.com

Canon 5D MARK II, Canon EOS 450D
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 18-55mm
    Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 75-300mm, Tokina 10-24mm, Sigma 18-200mm
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2010
    tropico wrote: »
    I really love your work!!! It is awesome!!

All the photos are so crisp! Awesome!!! You really know what you are doing!
    I want to become as good as you!!!! thumb.gif

Can I ask what type of camera and lense you are using?

Thanks. I use Nikon D3 with 50/1.4, 85/1.4, 14-24/2.8 Nikkors and 50/1.4 Sigma.