Options

2 from 33rd Street--color

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited September 24, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Yes, in both shots they are staring at me--do they work?

1019794940_eMsRh-XL.jpg

1019794530_y4og4-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2010
    #2 - everybodys got the look ylsuper.gif

and dare I say is that a Janet Jackson Moment going on ? :wow :hide rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    The kid on the far right has that, "hold up" look!
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
  • Options
    misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    #1 is good.. the color a tad too saturated.. that guy must think it's "Guardian Angel" week.. or a big fan of Curtis Sliwa!

#2 should be headed to the recycle bin on your desktop.. out of focus, no redeeming value even with Huggy Bear in the backround.
  • Options
    InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    #1, not a big fan of the hug fat head in the front, though I suppose it does lead one to the guy's face.
    #2, nothing is in focus. I have to agree with the earlier comment
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    I hate to say it, but neither do much for me. EXCEPT one thing: they are the precursor to your feeling bold enough in public to put your lens in public without turning away. Bravo. We're all learning...
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    #1 is the better shot Liz. I'm not sure about high key colour. How does it look with your wonderful B&W conversion skills? To be truthful, neither really grabs me.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    misterb wrote: »
    #1 is good.. the color a tad too saturated.. that guy must think it's "Guardian Angel" week.. or a big fan of Curtis Sliwa!

#2 should be headed to the recycle bin on your desktop.. out of focus, no redeeming value even with Huggy Bear in the backround.

Are we even sure it's not Curtis Sliwa?
  • Options
    NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    I think the first one is the better of the two (since it's in focus). The downside is that there's so much going on, I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.
  • Options
    sara505 wrote: »
    Are we even sure it's not Curtis Sliwa?

Hey- it may actually be Curtis Sliwa!

BTW- In the early 80's I had a great shot of his first wife Lisa while partying at Studio 54!

I wish I had my earlier work with the Olympus OM-2n on film.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    Hey all,
    It is Curtis Sliwa. It's only my second celebrity shot ever so I had to post it because I was able to react on time to get it, usually they're gone by the time I realize who they are.

The Curtis shot I like because it's a perfect example of busy NYC streets and how one can just get lost in a crowd. Look at the crowd behind him, it's neverending and this just during my lunch hour.

The second shot I had to post because I felt like I was this close to getting my ass kicked--I did get a slight shoulder check as they walked by.

I've gotten pretty good at the stealth shots, but this was my first attempt at, well I don't know what, but I liked how it looked "in your face". Unfortunately I missed the focus--but I had to post it anyway. Thanks for indulging me.

Who knew I'd have an equally heavy hand at processing in color rolleyes1.gif. I will stick to b&w--I just wanted to share something that was different for me, color and in your face.

Thanks for commenting all.

Curtis gave me a nod as he walked by, btw :D.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Hey all,
    It is Curtis Sliwa.

Curtis gave me a nod as he walked by, btw :D.

How funny.. and to think I've met him before.