Options

Neweggmall.com Sigma Promotion

MGJuliusMGJulius Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited September 26, 2010 in Flea Market
Neweggmall.com is offering 10% off all Sigma lenses and accessories along with free shipping with the code: 47STPHOTO10

Here is the link: http://www.neweggmall.com/Merchant/Merchant.aspx?Category=1077400000%2B800011821&companyid=50330&pageindex=1&pagesize=36&order=0&cm_mmc=NEGeblast-_-Personal758-_-Leaderboard-_-May252010

Thanks,
Stefan Schnake
Taking pictures and enjoying life, who could ask for anything more?
http://stefanschnake.com

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    This bothers me.........has newegg been purchased by 47th st photo in Brooklyn???
    Maybe 47th st is scammin off the integerity of NewEgg.......this just bothers me..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited May 26, 2010
    Good question Art. I did some digging and the domains "NEWEGGMALL.COM" and "NEWEGG.COM" are registered to:

Newegg Inc.
    16839 Gale Ave
    City of Industry, CA 91745

47STPHOTO.COM is registered to:

Delta Marketing Corp.
    1635 Mcdonald ave
    Brooklyn, New York 11230

It looks like there is no affiliation between either NewEgg site and 47stphoto.com.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    PhotoLasVegasPhotoLasVegas Registered Users Posts: 264 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    Someone should contact NewEgg and see who actually fulfills this order -
    Las Vegas Wedding, Family, and Special Event Photographers.

Canon 7d
    2 Canon 40d
    70-200 f2.8L IS, 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8, 28mm f1.8, Tamron 17-55 f2.8, ProOptic 8mm Fisheye
    And a bunch of other stuff ;)
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    This bothers me.........has newegg been purchased by 47th st photo in Brooklyn???
    Maybe 47th st is scammin off the integerity of NewEgg.......this just bothers me..........
    Per its own statement, this web site is not "scamming" NewEgg's good reputation, it is part of the NewEgg family of businesses. That is, it is a division of NewEgg itself.

Why it's using a slightly different brand name, I dunno -- it's probably because it has a completely different approach to marketing, and/or it started out as an independent company and was purchased by NewEgg.
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    evidently NewEgg owns newegg mall and allows other retailers to sell thru them....much like amazon does........that is what I got from calling
    NewEgg Customer service.............so if I do any NE mall business I will be wary of who I am actually buying from.......not a fan at all of 47th St Photo.......
    or any other Brooklyn stores for that matter...............................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    To muddy the waters still further, I will say I purchased a small item from 47th st via Amazon Marketplace and the transaction was fine. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable buying a big ticket item given their Brooklyn connection, but for the record, they were fine with my $40 purchase which went entirely smoothly, item as ordered, fast shipping etc etc.

I've also had EXTREMELY good experiences with New Egg in the past, although I've bought computer gear from them rather than photographic equipment. They made good on rebate problem, and I was very impressed by their integrity and the speed with which they rectified our situation.
  • Options
    MGJuliusMGJulius Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Just for an update the merchant is 47th Street Photo
    Merchant Name: 47st Photo
    I guess Neweggmall lets vendor sales through their site.
    Taking pictures and enjoying life, who could ask for anything more?
    http://stefanschnake.com
  • Options
    operknockityoperknockity Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited July 20, 2010
    Anyone know when this discount code expires?

Has anyone ordered from Neweggmall and can you report your experiences?

Thx
  • Options
    kevincaophotographykevincaophotography Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2010
    According to Sigma's website, 47th street is an authorized dealer. Newegg is not. I could only assume that 47th fulfills the order since Newegg does not have a contract with Sigma. But with the cost of shipping ($13 for me), you wouldn't be saving much anyways. I was looking at the 50mm 1.4 and would still be paying more than if I were to buy it at Abe's, which has it going for $444.90 plus free shipping.

47th also charges a 15% restocking fee on all returns. Abe's is 30-days no fee. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks extra to know that I can always return the lens to Amazon, Abes, or BH (15 days), with no problems. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2010
    Well, since 47th is going through Newegg they have to answer to them, correct? Newegg has excellent customer service and I'd think they'd get on 47th's back about any problems since it would stain their reputation as well...

I just saw 47th has a 2 day damaged item policy... ouch!