Options

Firefighters

tsackmanntsackmann Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 14, 2005 in Holy Macro
Some photos I took last night of an apartment building fire.

32015165-L.jpg

32016134-L.jpg

the rest are here. and an article is here.

I took over a hundred shots from about 3 different locations. It was an interesting exercise trying to compose each shot zooming in close enough to get some detail but yet also trying to be out far enough to include some extra pieces of the story such as the fire engines. Some shots are more interesting than others it seems because they include people, more vibrant fire, or all of the pieces such as the fire, the fire fighters, the engines, and the hoses. Only toward the end of my shooting did I realize that I should also be getting some people in my shots. I wasn't ready to stick a camera in someone's face but I wish I would have at least got more of the crowd.

At one point I realized that I felt completely safe because of all of the people around even though at the same time I was only the width of the street away from the fire. If the police tape was closer to the fire I'm sure I would have still be right up against it.

Comments

• Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2005
    tsackmann wrote:
    32016134-S.jpg

Well, I hope nobody was hurt. You've done a fine job of photojournalism. I especially like that second one in your post. 1055.gif1074.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    Wow, that second shot's super! Beautiful composition, lighting and color. You might send it to the paper, ask them if they want to buy it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au