Options

Having trouble with setting prices

FrancoisFrancois Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited August 14, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I changed to a Pro account last week and read all the docs about how to use it.

I then set out to 'price' the portfolio..... As I understand pricing ONLY works for NEW galleries, right?

So I added a gallery today, and sure enought there now is a 'Cart' where customers can put their orders in. But..... I get the 0.29 pricing, i.e. Smugmug cost price.

I figured I might have doe something wrong, and to be certain I added 'gallery pricing' to the new gallery.
When I select Custom Pro Pricing from one of the photos, sure enough my prices show up.

But when I add a photo to the cart..... I see the default smugmug pricing again :uhoh

What could I be doing wrong !!?? :dunno :dunno

Kind regards,
Francois
Francois A. Dumas
Founder
Silver Cloud Publishing
fssupport.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    Francois wrote:
    I changed to a Pro account last week and read all the docs about how to use it.

I then set out to 'price' the portfolio..... As I understand pricing ONLY works for NEW galleries, right?

So I added a gallery today, and sure enought there now is a 'Cart' where customers can put their orders in. But..... I get the 0.29 pricing, i.e. Smugmug cost price.

I figured I might have doe something wrong, and to be certain I added 'gallery pricing' to the new gallery.
    When I select Custom Pro Pricing from one of the photos, sure enough my prices show up.

But when I add a photo to the cart..... I see the default smugmug pricing again :uhoh

What could I be doing wrong !!?? ne_nau.gifne_nau.gif

Kind regards,
    Francois
    Nope you can price new and old galleries alike.

One catch to be aware of, is that you can set prices per foto, gallery and portfolio.

Next catch, make sure you are logged out, other wise YOUR price will show (which is sm cost price) rather than custom pricing.

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    FrancoisFrancois Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Nope you can price new and old galleries alike.

One catch to be aware of, is that you can set prices per foto, gallery and portfolio.

Next catch, make sure you are logged out, other wise YOUR price will show (which is sm cost price) rather than custom pricing.

FWIW,

XO,
    Thanks XO.
    The 'log out' was the golden tip !! mwink.gif

Francois
    Francois A. Dumas
    Founder
    Silver Cloud Publishing
    fssupport.smugmug.com