Options

uncle bob at Brenna and Jon

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited September 28, 2010 in Weddings
I figured the pro would get all the straight up good shots so I let loose on this one. haha..if you don't like a lot of blur then skip this post.

1. a few dance shots
1023406787_cz5DK-XL.jpg

1023396611_6noSS-XL.jpg

1023413917_wQTpB-L.jpg

4. turned off the flash and let the crazy strobe light take over...father and daughter
1023498404_QGF5b-L.jpg

1023478648_4zwC6-L.jpg

6.chow time
1023327785_gLzq3-L.jpg

7. wifey poses for a flare shot (she pointed out the opportunity)
1023295393_jBDVn-L.jpg

8. just finished
1023277034_Vtmmz-L.jpg

9. the reception venue
1023348825_GAzVg-XL.jpg
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2010
    Is this fake blur or a lens baby or tilt-shift lens of some kind?
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
  • Options
    Is this fake blur or a lens baby or tilt-shift lens of some kind?

Nikkor PC 45mm lens (TS)
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    Always a treat, Qarik!
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    Qarik wrote: »
    Nikkor PC 45mm lens (TS)

Haha! Uncle Bobbing!

Are those wine barrels in the background in #6? If you snagged one can you send one to me? Address is in Princeton, NJ...rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2010
    Haha! Duuude, I think I saw you at my last wedding! rolleyes1.gif You should make business cards, "Professional Bob - your perfect uncle for every event) rolleyes1.gif

Nice photos. I'm not much of a blurry girl, but I appreciate the different style. Gotta say, despite the blurryness, the last one rocks even rocks my world! wings.gif Pretty, pretty!

Uhm and Bob ... I always wanted to tell you ... stop creeping up behind me and peeking over my shoulder. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Haha! Duuude, I think I saw you at my last wedding! rolleyes1.gif You should make business cards, "Professional Bob - your perfect uncle for every event) rolleyes1.gif

Nice photos. I'm not much of a blurry girl, but I appreciate the different style. Gotta say, despite the blurryness, the last one rocks even rocks my world! wings.gif Pretty, pretty!

Uhm and Bob ... I always wanted to tell you ... stop creeping up behind me and peeking over my shoulder. thumb.gif

Angie I stayed clear of him the whole time except we bumped booties once backing into each other. He did a professional fly by once though and said to me "rockin the tilt shift eh?"

Also at dinner I was looking at his lens..it was very short so I knew it had to be a prime..but it was also very fat. It was much fatter then the a 1.4 should be. I guessed it was the 85mm 1.2. I saddled up to him during lull in action..BINGO..I was right. Had never even seen one before. That sucker was fosters beer can thick!
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    Angie I stayed clear of him the whole time except we bumped booties once backing into each other.

Haha, juuust kidding, I know you'd never bother an other tog :D I'm always curious which lenses other photographers use & how their pics come out, esp if it's the same wedding. (I really enjoy looking at my second's photos actually), haha ... ahhh, the little joys in life :D
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    I love that last one and it's awesome tilt shift goodness!
  • Options
    Angie I stayed clear of him the whole time except we bumped booties once backing into each other. He did a professional fly by once though and said to me "rockin the tilt shift eh?"

Also at dinner I was looking at his lens..it was very short so I knew it had to be a prime..but it was also very fat. It was much fatter then the a 1.4 should be. I guessed it was the 85mm 1.2. I saddled up to him during lull in action..BINGO..I was right. Had never even seen one before. That sucker was fosters beer can thick!

85L is a beast, man! It's like a grenade!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    Yeah, I love the last one too, I think that's a perfect example of "When to use a tilt shift".
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    The last one makes me feel like I'm ever moving towards the table but remaining where I am. Whoa.
  • Options

Now I am thinking about playing with TS. Thanks, Qarik. Just what I need. ne_nau.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    6 and 9 are straight up yummy. Really captures the ethereal quality of the venue and the lighting. way to go!

(now, as a good uncle bob, you need to share the link to the pro 'togs gallery when you get it, so we can compare!)

rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers