Posting Etiquette

Win38-55Win38-55 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited June 4, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Just curious,how long is a good time to leave pictures up? I have some that have been on bulletin boards for a long time ,5-6 months. I am sure that no one will ever miss them, but some times I want to clean up my galleries.Especially some stupid ones. Just wondering.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    Win38-55 wrote:
    Just curious,how long is a good time to leave pictures up? I have some that have been on bulletin boards for a long time ,5-6 months. I am sure that no one will ever miss them, but some times I want to clean up my galleries.Especially some stupid ones. Just wondering.

if your galleries are on smugmug, and you don't have to pay extra for storage, then here's what i've done...

i created a "do not delete" gallery, and i dump alot of old stuff to that.

otherwise, i think 6 months is long enough, though i will tell you, on another forum i frequent, i have gone back to posts well over 3 years old. it depends, if it's "just a shot" or if you have something meaningful along with the shot, y'know what i mean?
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    If you move the picture between galleries within smugmug, does the link change?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    If you move the picture between galleries within smugmug, does the link change?

nope ;-) that's the cool thing about it.
  • Win38-55Win38-55 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    Excellent idea and suggestion. Will do that. Thank you.Smugmug is one of the smarter things I have joined. It made posting pictures on various bulletin boards much easier.