Options

S*E: new version 128 uploaded

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
After a couple of months of dolce far niente I get back to my programming workbench. Some long-standing issues resolved, way more to come - I seem to be getting back into the groove :-)

What's new:
  • Added bandwidth cap (Power/Pro Editions only)
  • Added enhanced support for browser detection/selection (Options/Miscellaneous page), also displayed in About|System info. Now your Firefox should work...
  • Added MDAC display/download to Options and About dialogs
  • Added Jet Provider setup to Miscellaneous page
  • Added PS-like scrubby sliders throughout Options editor
Most of the changes are on the Miscellaneous tab in Options editor (Ctrl+F11).
Jet Provider/MDAC may help if you have an outdated data access components and have problems with S*E's cache (try to change 4.0 to 3.5).
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    Nik,
    thanks for the great update and the personal reminder per mail! clap.gif

Bandwith control looks good so far, but I would like to have the setting box or a slider in the toolbar. I now got a bigger DSL line with 512kbit/s UP and would like to run some server-apps every now and then. Therefore it would be nice to be able to access the S*E bandwith control easier.

I discovered that during the upload the S*E window isn't updated at all, except for the process bar. (made a screenshot) I'm pretty sure this wasn't true for the last version. Now I can't do anything in the app until the upload is done, which could take forever with the new bandwith control. mwink.gif

There's something about the setting window:
    32242942-O.gif
    Somehow it doesn't look right and I don't think you planned it looking like this. (running W2k SP4)

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    Sebastian,
    As always, many thanks for the great and prompt feedback!

Adding it to the toolbar - good idea, a bit hard to implement, but I think what I can do.

Freezing during the upload - I might have some ideas why, hopefully fix soon.

Text on the bottom went astray - mea culpa, will fix asap, I know what it is..

Stay tuned!

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"