Options

Create Card not WORKING

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited October 9, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When is this feature going to be fixed? Both my wife and I posted in the support forum beginning on the 8/18 and when no one responded (but did move my post under my wife's) I sent a support request to smugmug directly through the website. While I got the response quickly (shown below) as you can see it tells me NOTHING about what I can do to get this feature working properly. This is holding me up from a marketing campaign for the damn holiday cards and is getting very frustrating that I'm now days behind on trying to get something done that should have only taken me a few minutes to complete. How can I even offer the service if you can't get it to work? This is definitely not the level of support that SM had been known for in the past. Has this changed?

Somebody at SM please let me know what is going on with this service.

- Aggravated, pissed off and fed up

************ SMUGMUG RESPONSE ***************
Hi Randy,
Thank you for emailing SmugMug.
Right now, the card creator is having some minor issues. They are browser specific and there are also issues with custom domains. If you are actually getting the card creator to work, make sure you have external linking turned on in your gallery settings. Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    We're having some problems with the Card Creator, Randy. It's proven difficult to get fixed right. We're trying to get it back to working order as fast as we can.
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    We're having some problems with the Card Creator, Randy. It's proven difficult to get fixed right. We're trying to get it back to working order as fast as we can.

Thanks Andy, I appreciate your response. I'm sure you understand how frustrating this can be when it is a pivotal component to a marketing plan that needs to be finished and ready to match adds that are going to print in one week. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    glamgal24glamgal24 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 29, 2010
    Andy wrote: »

I was hoping to get a little more info about the card creator. Do you know if it will be fixed soon? Should we go directly through with ezprints or bayphoto?
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2010
    glamgal24 wrote: »
    I was hoping to get a little more info about the card creator. Do you know if it will be fixed soon? Should we go directly through with ezprints or bayphoto?

Yeah, soon - like this week, I hope!
  • Options
    BMJBMJ Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 15, 2010
    Any update on when the card creator will be working? I have a client with a newborn who wants to make birth announcements. Also have a handful of clients wanting to play with creating their holiday cards and they would like to order them at the same time as they order other prints.
    Thanks for all you're doing to get it fixed.
    Bethany

www.photosbybethany.com
    (www.bethanymarie.smugmug.com)
  • Options
    TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    BMJ wrote: »
    Any update on when the card creator will be working? I have a client with a newborn who wants to make birth announcements. Also have a handful of clients wanting to play with creating their holiday cards and they would like to order them at the same time as they order other prints.
    Thanks for all you're doing to get it fixed.
    Bethany

www.photosbybethany.com
    (www.bethanymarie.smugmug.com)

Hi Bethany,

The card creator is good to go on the customer's side. The only issues I've seen are when you are logged in. We will try to get that fixed ASAP. You can let your customers know that they should be able to order cards just fine. Let us know if you, or they run into any issues.

-KevinW
  • Options
    BMJBMJ Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 18, 2010
    That is great to know it's good on the client side. Thanks for the clarification.

There are some templates that have '09 on them. When will these be updated for the new holiday season? Will there be new templates to choose from as well in the near future?

Thanks!
    Bethany
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2010
    BMJ wrote: »
    There are some templates that have '09 on them. When will these be updated for the new holiday season?

Very soon.
  • Options
    ADjurenADjuren Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 25, 2010
    I have a client chomping at the bit to order cards. When will this be fixed?
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2010
    ADjuren wrote: »
    I have a client chomping at the bit to order cards. When will this be fixed?
    Workin on it as fast as we can. Sorry for the delay.
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2010
    Thanks, Andy
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2010
    Was on my site doing maintenence. Is create a card still down?
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2010
    ADjuren wrote: »
    Was on my site doing maintenence. Is create a card still down?

No, if you are having any troubles, please write our Support Heroes thanks.