Options

WTB Canon 45 TS-E

Charlie GastCharlie Gast Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited August 15, 2005 in Flea Market
I am looking for a lens to do shift stitches. After looking at the possibility of a nikkor 35 PC or 35 distagon PC with adaptor I am thinking about sticking with the canon line. I had the 24 TS-E and did not find it so good in sharpness and CA when shifted. I may just get a 45 TS-E, use it on my Italy trip and sell it when I get back

Thanks for any reponses

Charlie

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2005
    I am looking for a lens to do shift stitches. After looking at the possibility of a nikkor 35 PC or 35 distagon PC with adaptor I am thinking about sticking with the canon line. I had the 24 TS-E and did not find it so good in sharpness and CA when shifted. I may just get a 45 TS-E, use it on my Italy trip and sell it when I get back

Thanks for any reponses

Charlie
    charlie i'll keep my eyes open for you!
  • Options
    Charlie GastCharlie Gast Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2005
    andy wrote:
    charlie i'll keep my eyes open for you!
    Thanks, Andy.

I now see that B&H has them in. Canon missed the boat though. I am going with a PC-NIKKOR 35 instead. Weighs about half as much, cost less than half as much and from what I have gathered from other pixel peepers it performs better.
    As for the tilt I will wait for an affordable view camera type bellows attachement I can put the 1ds2 on for scheimflug antics.:D
    I also favor 35mm over 45mm for my intended purpose of shift stitching.
    I stumbled onto it when searching for the 45tse

charlie