Options

So did my first "wedding"

FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited October 10, 2010 in Weddings
It was an experience! The bride was an hour late to photos, which means we had about 45 minutes to shoot. They really only wanted formals, no real room to be creative, as the family just wanted it to be done with and otherwise we would be late to the ceremony. I got some okay shots out of it. These are a few, the bride didn't wear a traditional wedding gown...

1. 5061607826_3cf0632aba_z.jpg

2. 5061607378_777bb017cb_z.jpg

3. 5061606644_108a77d5d4_z.jpg

4. 5061605194_f35b3c516b_z.jpg

Any CC greatly appreciated, thanks for looking!!
Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~

Comments

• Options
    SummerRaineSummerRaine Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited October 7, 2010
    I LOVE number 3!!
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    I like #1 best I think. You did a nice job with the conversion but it looks like the pose is a bit awkward.

The last one might be better in black and white, or maybe the sepia wash you did on #2 to make the figures stand out from the trees more.

Nice job in a short time.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    Really like #2.
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2010
    Thanks!!! Number 3 is my fav, along with the bench one. I think with the one of them walking I am going to burn the sidewalk to lessen the brightness so they are the brightest thing.

Thanks everyone for the comments! It really means a lot to me!! :)

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    These are a nice first time, I like the conversion on #1 as well and think there is a lot of potential in that setting for different poses and composition.
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2010
    mpaulie wrote: »
    These are a nice first time, I like the conversion on #1 as well and think there is a lot of potential in that setting for different poses and composition.

Thank you!! It was a nice area but the problem with the area is that, about three feet away to the camera left, is a busy busy road, to the camera right, all houses. This was the only way i could shoot her without getting any of that, even that wall had signs like right next to it. And the other side was sooo woodsy, it was not a prime location I feel, but I did the best I could with the circumstances.

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    Nice photos ... buuuut, I do hope you got a couple more with the groom actually facing you thumb.gif
    Really liking the processing btw!
  • Options
    edited October 8, 2010
    Groom? What groom? I thought the wedding was all about the bride!!! :)

I do, I just haven't edited them yet, I have soo many to go through!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!

• Options
    She WolfShe Wolf Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited October 8, 2010
    I like the third photograph best. You did a fine job. The last photograph looks like the two are going down the pathway of life.
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    Fstoplife wrote: »
    Groom? What groom? I thought the wedding was all about the bride!!! :)

I do, I just haven't edited them yet, I have soo many to go through!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing more!
  • Options
    photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2010
    Good job. I like # 3 the best.
  • Options
    jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2010
    Congrats on your first wedding assignment! I like No. 2 an 3 shots. For the number 3 I'd probably consider putting the couple a little bit to the right to add some strength on the composition. Add some contrast on the face and give some vignetting on the edges to center the focus of attention on the faces. What camera did u use on the pics? Looking forward to seeing more shots from you. :)
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/