Options

Historic Seibels House

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited October 17, 2010 in Weddings
At 200+ yrs in age, it's one our city's most popular venues. With all-original windows , floors, and walls....along with an amazing garden out back...the Seibels House is one of those places that will make you drool with ambient light envy. :D I was the 2nd shooter and these two images were not included in the primary's group. I always try to comp a couple of different shots altogether in order to place a bit of separation between angles. The Martini glass is filled with a southern favorite - fresh Carolina shrimp and stoned-ground creamy grits topped with torn bacon and shredded cheddar cheese.

Hope yall enjoy...and as usual, C&C always welcome.

(I didn't do anything to her face in this image. There's a large white wall to my right and the floor has a glossy lacquer finish so I'm thinking that's where the reflection is coming from.)

5090034221_e7ffb233b2_z.jpg

5090037353_f4e09d3006_z.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    I love the lighting in these but don't think the candids do it justice. I wish there was some of your posing but understand you were the 2nd for this one.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2010
    Thanks! Things happened quickly and wanted to make sure I was not in the way. I asked her to sit by the window while she ate and as far as the shoe adjustment goes, she had done it once and I asked her to do it again and hold it for a second. So, maybe it was posed, I dunno? :D With the light as it was, I just wanted to try and take advantage of the situation. Hopefully I did that.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    Darren,

Way nice...good eye. You put up some really nice stuff. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    WOW!! The second is to DIE for!!! Soooo very pretty!!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2010
  • Options
    jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    Very artistic and very nice! Considering that you don't have that much time to work on the shots. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/